Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for calling your man poor, I appreciate that's hard.

Bruce, I've been massively critical of Red Ed over the years (and I'm likely to vote for a 4th different party in four elections, Mr Presumptious Knickers) but today he made Boris look daft. And as for you having a go at politicians for not giving a straight answer after your performance on this thread yesterday....

lol

Bruce, I've been massively critical of Red Ed over the years (and I'm likely to vote for a 4th different party in four elections, Mr Presumptious Knickers) but today he made Boris look daft. And as for you having a go at politicians for not giving a straight answer after your performance on this thread yesterday....

lol

If anyone cares to pay me 60k a year I'll gladly answer your questions all day long mate ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32471755

'Destroyed' and 'murdered' are a tad hyperbolic chaps. Firstly, Ed's so-called killer line about comprehensive school was lost amid the incessant shouting from Johnson and Marr. If you wanted to call a winner in the argument I'd agree that Ed won (see Boris' grin and shake of head but no real retort), but I hardly see this as a defining moment in the election campaign. As said above, childish common room antics from all three.

Is this what political discussions have come to? Sunday morning shout-offs? It was the same with those one-on-one debate things and recent Evan Davies interviews, just rat-a-tat bickering and rarely a chance for anyone to speak properly. Awful stuff.

Ok, well maybe you can educate me then, you know because you obviously have a balanced and impartial view on all things politics and just so I'm not humiliated again - Labours, (Miliband and Balls'), economic strategy and plans will have no bearing on you or the people in the constituency you live?

It just seems at odds when you criticise Cameron and Osbourne's economic strategy ad nauseam, yet seem to dismiss Miliband and Balls strategy, (that are unknown), as not relevant to you?

It's clear I don't understand how parliament works, I mean I'm voting for the candidate local to me who I think will do the best job and clearly don't understand how economic policies work? Are there any other constituencies in the UK that are not effected by government spending cuts and economic policies?

Let the education commence !

My criticism of Davey and Gideon is that they are persecuting the poor.

My local economy is driven primarily by 2 industries. Nuclear and tourism.

Tourism is great in one respect in that it brings money into the local economy. On the other hand it attracts 2nd home and holiday home ownership and prices many locals out of the market. Rents are high because available property is scarce. The cost of living here is comparable to London when you consider average earnings against house prices and even worse when you consider retail prices. If you'd like more insight into how housing here is a mega issue and what I'm personally doing about it please go back a fair no. of pages.
The Tories have already announced they will be undoing all the progress we've made in regards to working for local people on this issue.

Nuclear is the single biggest employer in the vicinity. The further economy depends on it. Schools, transport, and all other essential services are dependent on it. Not to mention the construction industry, engineering and manufacturing.

Supporting the Greens you will know about 2 of the most significant nuclear developments on the horizon in this country. One will provide power for 6 million homes. The other is one of the most controversial nuclear developments in the world. Economically, it's good for my area and consequently the nation. The other centres on disposal. I trust our Labour candidate to represent the people of this area in the matter, to hear our concerns and ensure the delivery of both schemes is in our interests and those of the nation. If you could enlighten these boards with the Green stance on these 2 projects, I will be able to advise how the stance of the Green candidate compares.

I firmly believe that the people of this country drive the economy. Not the politicians. They're there to intervene when there are imbalances. Democracy also works from the ground up. Individuals shape towns, shape regions, shape the nation, shape continents, shape the world.

As a party who will not lead us out of Europe Labour's economic plan will be far more certain than any party that might or will.

All your disussion until very recently has been national (and possibly international) politics. A general election is not just about these levels. People have the democratic right to vote on single issues should they choose - a bit like the Green support of yesteryear.

Last edited:
Just watched the Miliband interview from this morning.

Disgraceful behaviour from Boris. A few people one here trying to make out they're as bad as each other, but it was essentially just an incensed Boris ranting very angrily, incoherently and with a real lack of respect (nome of which you could accuse Miliband of).

Milliband didn't answer the rambling question about the way he handled non doms when in office

That is nonsense and you know it. Here is the quote, please tell me how you expect Ed Miliband to give a serious answer:

(looking at the audience)
''Is this the same Ed Miliband who was in the treasury with Gordon Brown, are you the same creature?''

Firstly the question was barely aimed at Miliband, but most importantly, it was so disrespectful it didn't deserve answering.

In contrast, Miliband asked a direct and fair question, ''are you in favour of keeping non-dom status'' which went totally unanswered.

We all have our biases on here Bruce, but to blame Miliband for failing to provide answers to Boris's enraged ramblings is laughable.

Just watched the Miliband interview from this morning.

Disgraceful behaviour from Boris. A few people one here trying to make out they're as bad as each other, but it was essentially just an incensed Boris ranting very angrily, incoherently and with a real lack of respect (nome of which you could accuse Miliband of).

That is nonsense and you know it. Here is the quote, please tell me how you expect Ed Miliband to give a serious answer:

(looking at the audience)
''Is this the same Ed Miliband who was in the treasury with Gordon Brown, are you the same creature?''

Firstly the question was barely aimed at Miliband, but most importantly, it was so disrespectful it didn't deserve answering.

In contrast, Miliband asked a direct and fair question, ''are you in favour of keeping non-dom status'' which went totally unanswered.

We all have our biases on here Bruce, but to blame Miliband for failing to provide answers to Boris's enraged ramblings is laughable.

Don't waste your breath on Bruce. He lost all remaining credibility when he complained about Ed not answering the question.

Locally? Yes. Nationally, yes and no. There isn't a political party who I think have a forward thinking, ambitious and credible economic policy, but they certainly are more in line with my views than anyone else. But as I've stated numerous time, almost without fail the parties economic policies are seemingly secrets.

So I've done a bit of research into the Green economic policy announcements. Apparently they expect to be able to recover £200 billion from avoided taxes, financial transactions and the wealthy, that currently isn't finding it's way to the treasury.

The IFS said that this claim would be laughable "if it weren’t playing into a wider narrative that there is a magic money tree"

I'll give you the ambitious bit. Credible? Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back