Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The PSNI are investigating him, last week he stated that gay couples were more likely to assault children as they were not in a stable relationship. Last night he was canvassing and he called at a lesbian couples house, it appears he abused them, again the PSNI are on the case. I think that being a creationist should not stop him from holding office but holding such views about gay people should. He is also our Minister of Health and is responsible for our health service.

As controversial as his views may be, allowing him to continue is the essence of democracy. If the public have such a problem with him, they'll vote against the DUP.

A brief read through of the D U P manifesto is a little like a trip to Jurassic Park. It's full of ideas which once ruled the earth before being overcome by events beyond their control.

And people are worried about a Labour/SNP coalition! If the Tories turn to the DUP for support, here's a few things that may well influence their side of any negotiations.

They are homophobic to the extent that they they do not view discrimination against LGBT as a crime. They also oppose gay marriage.
They think schools should teach creationism.
They want to ban begging.
They support capital punishment.

It should be remembered that these guys will win more seats than UKIP.

And people are worried about a Labour/SNP coalition! If the Tories turn to the DUP for support, here's a few things that may well influence their side of any negotiations.

They are homophobic to the extent that they they do not view discrimination against LGBT as a crime. They also oppose gay marriage.
They think schools should teach creationism.
They want to ban begging.
They support capital punishment.

It should be remembered that these guys will win more seats than UKIP.

Imagine a Tory/DUP/UKIP coalition... I'd leave the country.

@Bruce Wayne, Are you liking the fact that there's a possibility @Tubey might leave the country there?

No, I'm liking the fact that the bulk of what UKIP stand for is awful. The way they have shifted the thinking on immigration across all of the parties in the past few years is very sad indeed. You can see in places like South Africa the terrible consequences of 'anti-foreigner' rhetoric. It's very sad.

I don't know anything about the DUP other than what that bloke was in the news for this morning. Hard to imagine anyone having such views in this day and age.

No stamp duty up to 300k for first time buyers, is the latest gimmick. No-one buying a 300k property can be considered poor. So Labour also happy to help the rich get richer.

Is two party politics dead?

The Tories haven't won a a majority since 92 and if the polls are to be believed they won't win one this time, which would mean by the time the next election rolls along it will be almost 30 years since the last one

The Labour collapse in Scotland makes it very very difficult for them now to get a majority. Large % of SNP voters are the younger generation so if anything SNP support will grow and grow.

Obviously landslides being the exception coalition / multi party agreements appear to be here to stay.

No stamp duty up to 300k for first time buyers, is the latest gimmick. No-one buying a 300k property can be considered poor. So Labour also happy to help the rich get richer.

It's up to £300k, a big help to first time buyers. I was in that boat not to long ago, would have saved me £800. I agree £300k is a tad much but given house prices down south are sky rocketing I can see the logic - after the middle England vote

First time buyers get 'first call' on half of new house builds to.

Last edited:
It's up to £300k, a big help to first time buyers. I was in that boat not to long ago, would have saved me £800
Stamp duty relief is a big help for first time buyers. Not going to deny that.

But 300k? If you can afford that you probably don't need tax relief.

Labour absolutely are happy to see the rich get richer, but I believe they would like to achieve this without it being at the expense of the poor getting poorer. I hear the argument that any form of tax relief could be considered counter to this, so you have to ask if the scheme is fair. I guess that's up for debate. If they weren't doing anything else to redress the balance (particularly in housing) then I don't think it would be. However, in my opinion, in housing, they are.

Is two party politics dead?

The Tories haven't won a a majority since 92 and if the polls are to be believed they won't win one this time, which would mean by the time the next election rolls along it will be almost 30 years since the last one

The Labour collapse in Scotland makes it very very difficult for them now to get a majority. Large % of SNP voters are the younger generation so if anything SNP support will grow and grow.

Obviously landslides being the exception coalition / multi party agreements appear to be here to stay.

I think it's because both conservatives and labour have drifted to the middle of the political compass, leaving many of their core voters who are right wing or left wing in the dust.

Phillips somes up the tories problem in this video. Skip to 3;44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back