The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Populus poll:

Lab 33 (-3),
Con 33 (-),
LD 9 (+1),
UKIP 15 (+1),
Greens 4 (-1),
Others 5 (+1).

I think there's two more due today. Looking neck and neck at this stage. Slight move to the peripheral parties there rather than both big parties convincing the electorate.

Populus poll:

Lab 33 (-3),
Con 33 (-),
LD 9 (+1),
UKIP 15 (+1),
Greens 4 (-1),
Others 5 (+1).

I think there's two more due today. Looking neck and neck at this stage. Slight move to the peripheral parties there rather than both big parties convincing the electorate.
I filled in a You Gov poll yesterday

I didn't know that social housing was costing a specific group money. We all pay for it via taxation or local rates. Similarly I don't think that people living in social housing are victimised. I live in a village where we have the full range of housing, large and small private and council owned, everyone knows everyone and no one looks up or down on anyone else. Social housing when needed should be provided, either through building new houses or councils purchasing existing houses in my view. I would be more than happy for the rent that is paid to be regarded as a mortgage so that eventually the house belongs to the tenant. Everyone deserves a chance...........
There are people on these boards (who lean to the right) who seem to think that welfare is a theft of their hard earned cash without considering the circumstances of those who claim welfare. They resent supporting those who's lot was a crappy one by comparison. These circumstances have arisen because right wing politicians have pitted those with not very much against those with even less. Do you accept that this is the case?

There are people on these boards (who lean to the right) who seem to think that welfare is a theft of their hard earned cash without considering the circumstances of those who claim welfare. They resent supporting those who's lot was a crappy one by comparison. These circumstances have arisen because right wing politicians have pitted those with not very much against those with even less. Do you accept that this is the case?

I'd go further & say there's some believe that people on benefits are having THEM over. 0.7% of the welfare bill is paid out in fraud & ERROR*. Now, I'm hearing some people are being clouted with £50 civil penalties for the DWP's mistakes?!

*DWP conveniently forget to mention that the biggest fraud ever was carried out by two DWP staff members.

He won't need it. Cameron will remain as PM of a minority government if need be

Pete, sorry mate to inform you there's no chance of Cameron forming a minority Government.

Labour & SNP look like they will have more than a majority between them to reject him, and if not are guaranteed the support of PC, Greens and probably LD, even possibly UKIP.

Bye Dave :bye::bye::bye:

The polls seem to show that the LD will be obliterated in this election, they got 23% in 2010 and 57 seats. UKIP got 3% of the vote in 2010 with 900 000 votes and no MPs, so this poll shows they would get 4 500 000 votes. Who will they take votes off and how many MPs will this result in them getting? Or if they take votes off the other parties how will this effect other parties?

I think UKIP will effect the Tories more than Labour. The Tories have 297 English seats. If UKIP polls 10% more in Tory areas than they did in 2010 then it will probably allow Labour to gain some of these seats. I think the Tories will be lucky to get 250 English seats and that is why the Tory BBC are constantly using the fear factor about the SNP. From what is being written about the SNP you would think they were a proscribed organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back