The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1989 7.80%
1988 4.90%
1987 4.20%
1986 3.40%
1985 6.10%
1984 5.00%
1983 4.60%
1982 8.60%
1981 11.90%
1980 18.00%
1979 13.40%

*shudders at remembering the mortgage payments .........But for completeness, under the previous Labour Government........

1978 8.30%
1977 15.80%
1976 16.50%
1975 24.20%
1974 16.00%

*shudders at remembering the mortgage payments .........But for completeness, under the previous Labour Government........

1978 8.30%
1977 15.80%
1976 16.50%
1975 24.20%
1974 16.00%

My first mortgage was at 15%!

Sure mid 70's were not too clever following oil shock and the crisis in the middle east.

There's a tendancy for economic problems to occur globally when Labour is in power but more locally when the Conservatives are in no 10. Do the Tories have better foreign policy?

Sure mid 70's were not too clever following oil shock and the crisis in the middle east.

There's a tendancy for economic problems to occur globally when Labour is in power but more locally when the Conservatives are in no 10. Do the Tories have better foreign policy?

It was interesting looking at that list to see just how low or even negative inflation was over the years apart from the world wars etc.........

It was interesting looking at that list to see just how low or even negative inflation was over the years apart from the world wars etc.........

what would be even more interesting would be to compare what would have happened if the other party had been in at the time(obviously impossible) and we will constantly have arguments about economics etc as we can NEVER know what the best system is...but that clearlly proves no economic philosophy/party is perfect or 'better' at managing the economy/interest rates etc

what would be even more interesting would be to compare what would have happened if the other party had been in at the time(obviously impossible) and we will constantly have arguments about economics etc as we can NEVER know what the best system is...but that clearlly proves no economic philosophy/party is perfect or 'better' at managing the economy/interest rates etc

But you need to compare interest rates across the developed economies and not in isolation, it's a competitive world....

A reporter was interviewing him, asking questions which he correctly believed the public wanted an answer to. That's about as relevant as you can get.

I can completely understand your view and though I disagree with it, I wouldn't stoop so low as to call it bizzare.

I don't tend to read The Telegraph as it's usually way up its own backside, but I'm open to all sources and the majority of this article summarises Brand (and Miliband) well: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...rand-Ed-Miliband-and-Labours-front-bench.html

While we're talking about Brand here, I think a lot of people view Farage as more like them simply because he didn't attend a university.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...rand-Ed-Miliband-and-Labours-front-bench.html
so you would have the same problem with a white man campaigning for civil rights, or joanna lumley campaigning for the Gurkha's, according to your bizarre and clearly heavily biased argument they shouldn't be representing these people

what worries me is 'idiots' will decide the election, floating voters will decide based on gaffes above or who looks nicer...sigh

what worries me is 'idiots' will decide the election, floating voters will decide based on gaffes above or who looks nicer...sigh

It's just a pity that the whole electorate are not floating voters. Political intolerance of other parties and tribal voting kills political improvements. I think it would be great to see all votes based on actual performance.............

My first mortgage was an Option mortgage eligible for low pay by the Labour Government in the late 1970's it was about 1.5 less than the ordinary rate at 11 percent.
Without that I would of never got on the housing ladder just a simple scheme at that time!

Last edited:
He won't need it. Cameron will remain as PM of a minority government if need be......then we do it all again later in the year.......

...interesting, I think he's edging his bets. Saying it will be a Labour Queens Speach leaves him a bit of wiggle room to do a deal with minority parties (inc SNP) on certain votes, rather than have a formal coalition with representation at Cabinet/ministerial level.

The problem with a re-vote is that we may end up in exactly the same position. Interesting that a political expert on telly suggested Clegg will win his Sheffield seat, Milliband will stay in charge but if Cameron does not win sufficient seats he'll be a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back