The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares what where we stand on the world stage - lets sort ourselves out first. We have a failing NHS. Our schools are failing due to a lack of funding and teachers and are drowning in government driven bureaucracy, and to top it all off there's a massive pot-hole at the bottom of my road that's been there for beards.

I'll vote for whoever promises to fix my pot-hole!

We haven't seen many campaigners round where I live . Although there was a UKIP Range Rover driving around three weeks ago. A fella was talking through a loudspeaker. Sounded like a railway announcer, tbh. Couldn't make head nor tail of it

who cares what where we stand on the world stage - lets sort ourselves out first. We have a failing NHS. Our schools are failing due to a lack of funding and teachers and are drowning in government driven bureaucracy, and to top it all off there's a massive pot-hole at the bottom of my road that's been there for beards.

Maybe these 2 working stiffs could help your pot hole.

images

Just fill it in with all the election leaflets you'll receive during the next week

Good effort Pete, Ed's a monster he's stood up to his brother, the power companies, and told Obama where to go on Syria.

Dave meanwhile was not even invited to the Merkel/Hollande meeting with Putin in February this year - mind you it did clash with half-term.

Sure all those people that died as a result of us doing nothing are glad he did, but keep revelling in the deaths of innocents as some sort of victory for Milliband because at least it made Cameron daft.... nasty nasty man playing political games with peoples lives

I hope UKIP have a good last 6 days. I'm thinking big picture here before anyone calls me a closet racist.

Realistically at the very very most they'll win 3 seats but far more importantly a strong result for UKIP dilutes the tory vote. In a election this close such a swing could be vital.

Tbh if I was given the choice of a Tory government this time round in return for UKIP to be annihilated to the point of extinction for evermore, I'd be tempted.

The real scary thing is that in the whole of the UK, with the likes of Putin to deal with, we may end up with a Prime Minister, Ed(I can't eat a bacon sarney) Miliband........does this not frighten even Labour supporters..........
Shittin it. Might get put off bacon sarnies for life.

Sure all those people that died as a result of us doing nothing are glad he did, but keep revelling in the deaths of innocents as some sort of victory for Milliband because at least it made Cameron daft.... nasty nasty man playing political games with peoples lives

Hmmm, so you would prefer a re-run of Iraq and Afghanistan?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...of-values-election-scotland-cameron-interview

Ed Miliband: this is a clash of values, not a clash of nations

Labour leader tells the Guardian that David Cameron’s focus on Scotland during the campaign is distracting voters from the bigger issue of inequality in the UK

Labour leader Ed Miliband. Photograph: Linda Nylind for the Guardian

Ed Miliband has sought to redefine the election debate as a clash between competing political values rather than a Tory-driven battle between England and Scotland, in a combative interview six days before the polls open.

Speaking to the Guardian ahead of the closest election in a generation, the Labour leader attacked David Cameron for being reduced to arguing that “the key question facing the country is a battle of resources between London and Scotland”.

The Labour leader added: “I have been clear I am not going to have a coalition or a deal with the Scottish National party, but the real battle is not a choice between two nations, as Cameron pretends, but between two sets of values – is the country run by an elite of the most rich and powerful or is it run for working people?”

Cameron used to say the three letters that mattered to him most were NHS … in this campaign they've been replaced by SNP

He criticised his Conservative opponent for concentrating on Labour’s possible post-election relationship with the SNP, and said that as a result Cameron “has entirely withdrawn from the central issues facing the country” such as the economy, immigration and the NHS.

Miliband accused his political opponents of adopting prodigious tactics in their attempts to defeat him: “It is an extraordinary collapse for what was once the Conservative and Unionist party to have been reduced to this desperation in a bid to distract voters from the big choices they face over the next five years.

“Cameron used to say the three letters that mattered to him most were NHS. Well, in this election campaign they have been replaced by SNP.”

[article continues...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back