The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest YouGov poll (30 Apr – 01 May):
LAB – 34% (-1)
CON – 33% (-1)
UKIP – 14% (+2)
LDEM – 8% (-)
GRN – 5% (-)

5 days of polling/canvassing to go.

Taken as a whole all UK polling showing deadlock. Short of one of the party leaders taking their kecks down and pissing in front of the cameras I really cant see what will separate them now. All down to the turnout.

020515-MATT-web_3289126a.jpg

Be fair Esk, Miliband was just playing UK politics........

I find it incredibly ironic that the same people who criticise Blair for going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan then criticise Miliband for his stance on Syria.

Proper and due process applied equally to each potential wars, the fact that Miliband used due process to stop military action in Syria should not be decried but applauded.

Show me the plan, then we can determine the chances of meeting that plan...

Are you genuinely going down this road to try and justify your party allowing Assad to kill thousands of innocent civilians? I cannot give you an exact plan because I was not at the COBRA meeting. All I know is that people in the military deemed military action feasible (but I guess you will try and argue that Milliband is a better strategist than them now), Milliband agreed and said he would back it and then pulled the rug out from under it at the last minute.

Ultimately there was a feasible military response, people were dying and Milliband made the decision that their lives weren't worth a damn in comparison to any potential downside to Labour and his chance of being PM...

I find it incredibly ironic that the same people who criticise Blair for going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan then criticise Miliband for his stance on Syria.

Proper and due process applied equally to each potential wars, the fact that Miliband used due process to stop military action in Syria should not be decried but applauded.

I agree that using the due process should be applauded, but he was just playing politics..........

Latest YouGov poll (30 Apr – 01 May):
LAB – 34% (-1)
CON – 33% (-1)
UKIP – 14% (+2)
LDEM – 8% (-)
GRN – 5% (-)

5 days of polling/canvassing to go.

Taken as a whole all UK polling showing deadlock. Short of one of the party leaders taking their kecks down and pissing in front of the cameras I really cant see what will separate them now. All down to the turnout.

I predict the Tories will be the biggest party by 10 seats. Ed after 5-7 days of negotiating will cobble a deal together to get him over the line.

How many big hitters do we think will go? A few at risk include heavyweights like:

Clegg - could be the Portillo moment of this election.
Danny Alexander is as good as gone
Jim Murphy on the brink
Douglas Alexander very likely to lose his to.
Esther McVey - Massive seat/scalp for Labour
Charles Kennedy - Held his seat since 1983

Seen a stat that made me feel very old. If you turned 18 today you were born the day of New Labours landslide.

Short of one of the party leaders taking their kecks down and pissing in front of the cameras I really cant see what will separate them now. All down to the turnout.

Given that Call Me Dave, in the last week, has been revealed to be planning massive, previously-un-mentioned Child Benefit cuts and to have moved family money to an off-shore account for his own benefit, I'd say it's impossible to f** up sufficiently to allow Labour to gain an absolute majority in the Commons.

Are you genuinely going down this road to try and justify your party allowing Assad to kill thousands of innocent civilians? I cannot give you an exact plan because I was not at the COBRA meeting. All I know is that people in the military deemed military action feasible (but I guess you will try and argue that Milliband is a better strategist than them now), Milliband agreed and said he would back it and then pulled the rug out from under it at the last minute.

Ultimately there was a feasible military response, people were dying and Milliband made the decision that their lives weren't worth a damn in comparison to any potential downside to Labour and his chance of being PM...

Miliband took the view that war on Syria with enormous collateral damage and no succession plan (at a time when UK military resources were at capacity) and with no international legitimacy was the wrong choice.

Ironically he was even backed by Max Hastings

"What is it about British prime ministers that they appear to succumb to madness in foreign affairs?

After the ghastly example of Blair's wars, how could Cameron for a moment contemplate dragging this country into a struggle in which we have no national interest, and there is almost nil prospect of achieving a good outcome for the Syrian people or the region?"

Given that Call Me Dave, in the last week, has been revealed to be planning massive, previously-un-mentioned Child Benefit cuts and to have moved family money to an off-shore account for his own benefit, I'd say it's impossible to f** up sufficiently to allow Labour to gain an absolute majority in the Commons.
as charlie chan said ,role of dead man requires very little acting, he could have been talking about call me Dave this last few days

Miliband took the view that war on Syria with enormous collateral damage and no succession plan (at a time when UK military resources were at capacity) and with no international legitimacy was the wrong choice.

Ironically he was even backed by Max Hastings

"What is it about British prime ministers that they appear to succumb to madness in foreign affairs?

After the ghastly example of Blair's wars, how could Cameron for a moment contemplate dragging this country into a struggle in which we have no national interest, and there is almost nil prospect of achieving a good outcome for the Syrian people or the region?"

There is so much wrong that I will start from the top, you are making massive assumptions that suit your argument, there is no indiction that as part of an international coalition with no boots on the ground that we would have sustained any amount of damage ourselves, and recent events in Syria where entire cities are bomb sites hardly suggests that we would have done anything as bad, as for the international legitimacy, the SNC is the recognised government by most people (with the exception of Russia), including the Arab league who supported the action and would have been a leading member of the coalition, so there was plenty of legitimacy for intervention and a perfectly legitimate succession plan.

If you are asking about us having no national interest in it then you are essentially saying we have no right to outside help if we are ever in trouble as a nation, and that if it were happening to us you would have absolutely no interest in another nation coming to our aid. Our interest is and should be that we are all people of this world and have a moral obligation when it comes to the mass murder of innocent civilians to act and do whatever we can to stop it and anyone who disagrees with that should be ashamed of themselves.

What this comes down to in the end is Labour party politics being more important than peoples lives (which has become more common in recent years unfortunately), I have never been so angry about anything to do with politics as I was with that in my entires life and it will be a long long time before I will be able to bring myself to vote Labour again (and I voted for them in the last few elections and supported Blair's decision to go into Iraq before you think this is a partisan point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back