The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were registered to vote in Islington North but managed to change it to Chester (quite legit - main residence could be either). But I'll be outside a polling station in Islington till lunch then driving up to Chester. No Green candidate in Chester which makes it a touch easier to swing.

If Labour are genuinely nervous about Wirral West & Chester (and my feeling is that they're not), they haven't got a hope in hell. Need to be biting into seats with a four thousand majority, never mind 2 1/2 thousand.

Yep.

The Green campaign has been a bit of a dud. That's probably helped Labour nationally too. I dont think the leader looked up to the job of getting across to swing voters.

They were never going to do much in all reality though were they?

We were registered to vote in Islington North but managed to change it to Chester (quite legit - main residence could be either). But I'll be outside a polling station in Islington till lunch then driving up to Chester. No Green candidate in Chester which makes it a touch easier to swing.

If Labour are genuinely nervous about Wirral West & Chester (and my feeling is that they're not), they haven't got a hope in hell. Need to be biting into seats with a four thousand majority, never mind 2 1/2 thousand.

It's such a strange election, the traditional 'uniform swing' concept has gone out the window. As Ashcroft showed today Labour are winning marginals down in the 70s / 80s on their target list requiring +10% swing yet in others requiring only a few % are still neck and neck.

The Greens have quietly pulled a few potential candidates in key Lab / Tory marginals, very surprised it hasn't been picked up more. The extra few % could prove vital for Labour

They were never going to do much in all reality though were they?

No one is going to pretend they are going to grab a load of seats, but I agree with @davek that their campaign was disappointing. They have some genuinely great policies and finally had a platform in the televised debates, but just failed to have any real appeal, even to people who would naturally sway left of the present Labour party.

Top man.

I hope UKIP have a good last 6 days. I'm thinking big picture here before anyone calls me a closet racist.

Realistically at the very very most they'll win 3 seats but far more importantly a strong result for UKIP dilutes the tory vote. In a election this close such a swing could be vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back