The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ukip voters are gonna go back to tory big time, they are idiots and will buy into the 'labour is gonna wreck everything spin'
they will lose a load in the north after saying they would work with a con/lib coalition as much as labour might not appeal in parts , in the north the Tory party are toxic , i dont think they will get a seat outside of the south

they will lose a load in the north after saying they would work with a con/lib coalition as much as labour might not appeal in parts , in the north the Tory party are toxic , i dont think they will get a seat outside of the south

They won absolutely loads of seats in the North in 2010. For 2015, the following shows what are considered 'safe' seats for the parties:

Safe-Seat-Map-1.png

i voted for them ukip in the euro elections , but wouldn't dream of voting for them in the election, most of the people i know that voted for them in that are now going back to labour

Oh right, thought your original post was talking about the Tories with the 'wont win a seat in the north' bit.

Social cleansing, make no mistake.

Aye:

"Politicians and campaigners are calling for a radical overhaul of housing policy in London after The Independent revealed that 50,000 homeless families have been pushed out of boroughs.

Natalie Bennett, the leader of the Green Party, described the impact of out-of-borough placements on vulnerable families as a “toll of misery”.

Sadiq Khan, Labour’s shadow London minister, said the figures are “a badge of shame” for the Coalition Government, calling on the next mayor of London to “conduct a root and branch review of housing in London if we are to end this scandal”.

The Independent has revealed leaked figures showing that London councils had dumped 49,789 families out of borough between July 2011 and July 2014. Some 2,707 families have been moved out of Greater London entirely over the past two years."

The very tangible yet, for some reason, almost invisible effects of benefit capping: Huge social displacement, insecurity and alienation for some of our most vulnerable. Well done, Tories.

Depends what you mean by big time. It'd only take the UKIP polling average to slip a couple of % from say 13% to 11% for that to bring a lot of seats the Tories way. Still not enough for overall majority, but maybe put them back in with LDs.

I'm not sure that's realistic, tbh. I think they'll get some returning from UKIP, for sure. But it's not a flaky vote now in an election when the multi-party nature of our ballots has been underlined. A UKIP supporter in the past might say "what's the point, we wont get in, I'll vote Tory"; now they're likely to think "if we get a few MPs the Tories will need them for a coalition of some sort and we can keep them honest on Europe promises".

ah good point didn't think about them thinking of a coalition, although in reality they can only win a few seats correct?

Aye:

"Politicians and campaigners are calling for a radical overhaul of housing policy in London after The Independent revealed that 50,000 homeless families have been pushed out of boroughs.

Natalie Bennett, the leader of the Green Party, described the impact of out-of-borough placements on vulnerable families as a “toll of misery”.

Sadiq Khan, Labour’s shadow London minister, said the figures are “a badge of shame” for the Coalition Government, calling on the next mayor of London to “conduct a root and branch review of housing in London if we are to end this scandal”.

The Independent has revealed leaked figures showing that London councils had dumped 49,789 families out of borough between July 2011 and July 2014. Some 2,707 families have been moved out of Greater London entirely over the past two years."

The very tangible yet, for some reason, almost invisible effects of benefit capping: Huge social displacement, insecurity and alienation for some of our most vulnerable. Well done, Tories.

Homes for votes scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he will have to I think, major party has suggested nuclear disarmament since Michael foot and he didn't do too well...

Dont think for one minute that he will not put it in one of his Queens Speeches, assuming he gets to do them that is, just whether he;

a. Needs to put it in his first, and/or

b. He has the stones to do so if he has to.

I'm going to paste it here for those who choose not to follow the link.

We already know that the Tories co-ordinated tweets in advance last night. But strangely, this tweet appeared, but was promptly deleted (image via Jeremy Cliffe):

pudsey-tories-delete-247x440.png

However this tweet still exists:

Fantastic to see one of our members @elena_prokopiou grill @EdMiliband_MP on his denial of over spending.. How can we trust him?

— LUU Conservatives (@LeedsTories) April 30, 2015

Elena – whose Twitter bio is “Cats, Conservatives & Chelsea FC” was one of the people who asked Miliband a rather aggressive question last night. You’d have thought the BBC might have filtered out party supporters and activists from the audience. That’s a recipe for planted questions, like, maybe…accusing Miliband of having overspent and asking how he could be trusted again?

Update: Even more awkwardly – she referred to the Tories as “we” in her question…

Video Player

00:00
00:11

Prokopiou appears to have made her Twitter account private now for some reason…but beforehand, this was screen grabbed. She really likes Jeremy Hunt.

But what can the BBC do about people who declared that they were undecided voters?

business-woman1_3287678b-440x268.jpg

Well according to the Telegraph, Catherine Shuttleworth – the owner of a marketing business who memorably harangued Ed Miliband about how difficult times were for Tesco and told him to sack Ed Balls – “applied to join the Question Time audience as an undecided voter”.

Ok…no issue there…except the Telegraph also says that she “gave a thumbs-up to George Osborne in the spin room”.

(Update: An audience member not only in the spin room but also doing broadcast media afterwards.)

Probably just excited to see a politician she knows…maybe? This made us think again about Ms Shuttleworth, so we looked into her. She’s successful so it wasn’t too hard to find details about her, or her company “Savvy”. It didn’t take us long to find a profile in the Yorkshire Post, which contained this line:

“After doing some consultancy, she had the opportunity to pitch for the Asda business. She won it and set up Savvy as a result. Three people made up the business, including Ms Shuttleworth and Ms Skelton, plus company secretary Andrew Jones, who is now MP for Harrogate.”

So this would-be Miliband interrogator is just the sort of ordinary undecided voter who gives George Osborne a thumbs up in the spin room, and set up her a business with a Tory MP. Oh – and she signed the Tories much mocked “small business letter” too – number 3882 – which the Telegraph forgot to mention when they wrote up a piece on her attacking Miliband. So much for undecided.

Busted…

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back