The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2007 George Osborne confimed he'd match the spending plans of Labour. The tory suggestion Labour spent too much is nothing more than opportunism.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 4
Nice work

11017526_10203792314224046_2761616946566128044_n.jpg

What's she doing parking off road like that. Look at the state of that grass now.

Typical Tories. One law for them, another for the rest of us.

Not just the dickheads. See your previous post. I'm not calling you a [Poor language removed] btw, I'm just bored of all the 'my tribes great, your tribe sucks'.
Thing is Bruce. Your lot are in denial. 1.6m kids living in poverty. Up 400k since the coalition formed, despite the Child Povert Act committing our country to reduce the figures by 100k/yr with a view to erradication around 2020. As @Clint Planet posted, the Tories have gone further than denial and are making false claims that they are reducing the numbers. The facts are irrefutable.

My tribe is trying to do something about the situation so that everyone has enough to get by. Your tribe is going to make it tougher for those who's lives are already extremely difficult.

On this issue, by comparison, my tribe is great and your tribe does suck.

The Duchess of Cambridge has gone into labour, Kensington Palace has announced. David Cameron has moved swiftly and asked her to rule out a deal with the SNP

I'll get my coat.

Not mentioned anywhere but what if the royal birth gives Cameron and co a boost in the polls with the potential "feel good" factor of a royal birthday?
I dont see a bounce, I see a levelling effect.

It'll take the campaign off the front pages for a day or two and therefore cut right across the Tory media's planned last few days assault on behalf of their bosses at Conservative HQ.

In other words, it'll pretty much cement in place the existing neck and neck race for Number 10.

Thing is Bruce. Your lot are in denial. 1.6m kids living in poverty. Up 400k since the coalition formed, despite the Child Povert Act committing our country to reduce the figures by 100k/yr with a view to erradication around 2020. As @Clint Planet posted, the Tories have gone further than denial and are making false claims that they are reducing the numbers. The facts are irrefutable.

My tribe is trying to do something about the situation so that everyone has enough to get by. Your tribe is going to make it tougher for those who's lives are already extremely difficult.

On this issue, by comparison, my tribe is great and your tribe does suck.

Knock yourself out. If it helps you to enjoy your weekend.

he Mighty Quint, post: 3528378, member: 24817"]Exactly, and the rest are there because of the bedroom tax and various ways they've cut welfare so much that Welfare is no longer fit for purpose.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend got asked to help out in one a month or so ago for work , help in the community type scheme, she works in a bank.
She was truly shocked at the reality of what she saw, lots of working people and loads of people who had been sanctioned on benefits , not going to meeting despite not getting contacted seemed to be a common one or failing to apply for the correct benifit so having to apply and wait with nothing .
People want to open there eyes , I have worked for 30 odd years solid but like most could be a phone call or a letter from being out there scrounging as some put it ,

Last edited:
OK. How about we put it this way. What are the Conservatives doing to address issues of inequality in society, rising child poverty, the increase of the use of food banks and the increasing numbers of people losing their homes?

Since when did GDP take priority over humanity?

Whilst you're reflecting on the fact that your lot have done nothing constructive for the poor, are responsible for the misery of hundreds of thousands, and WILL make things worse for them, I hope you have a great weekend too.

I dont see a bounce, I see a levelling effect.

It'll take the campaign off the front pages for a day or two and therefore cut right across the Tory media's planned last few days assault on behalf of their bosses at Conservative HQ.

In other words, it'll pretty much cement in place the existing neck and neck race for Number 10.

I heard they are going to name the baby Tory if a boy or Margaret if a girl.......................

Bruce's pattern of behaviour on this thread:

Be all over the thread, fighting for libetarianism and the freedom to have the chance to escape poverty and be free, posting links to thinktank studies which confirm his position > be confronted by a hypothetical situation and/or fact which doesn't fit his model > laugh it off with "jokey" comment > be confronted again > retreat to batcave for a day or two > re-emerge, attempting moral highground with "I'm above this tribal rubbish" for a while > be all over thread, fighting for libetarianism and the freedom to have the chance to escape poverty and be free, posting links to thinktank studies which confirm his position > be confronted by a hypothetical situation and/or fact which doesn't fit his model > laugh it off with "jokey" comment > be confronted again > retreat to batcave for a day or two > re-emerge, attempting moral highground with "I'm above this tribal rubbish" for a while > be all over thread, fighting for libetarianism and the freedom to have the chance to escape poverty and be free, posting links to thinktank studies which confirm his position > be confronted by a hypothetical situation and/or fact which doesn't fit his model > laugh it off with "jokey" comment > be confronted again > retreat to batcave for a day or two > re-emerge, attempting moral highground with "I'm above this tribal rubbish" for a while > be all over thread, fighting for libetarianism....etc

See you around, Bruce.

OK. How about we put it this way. What are the Conservatives doing to address issues of inequality in society, rising child poverty, the increase of the use of food banks and the increasing numbers of people losing their homes?

Since when did GDP take priority over humanity?

Strangely enough, the more money a country has the more humane it becomes.........

Bruce's pattern of behaviour on this thread:

Be all over the thread, fighting for libetarianism and the freedom to have the chance to escape poverty and be free, posting links to thinktank studies which confirm his position > be confronted by a hypothetical situation and/or fact which doesn't fit his model > laugh it off with "jokey" comment > be confronted again > retreat to batcave for a day or two > re-emerge, attempting moral highground with "I'm above this tribal rubbish" for a while > be all over thread, fighting for libetarianism and the freedom to have the chance to escape poverty and be free, posting links to thinktank studies which confirm his position > be confronted by a hypothetical situation and/or fact which doesn't fit his model > laugh it off with "jokey" comment > be confronted again > retreat to batcave for a day or two > re-emerge, attempting moral highground with "I'm above this tribal rubbish" for a while > be all over thread, fighting for libetarianism and the freedom to have the chance to escape poverty and be free, posting links to thinktank studies which confirm his position > be confronted by a hypothetical situation and/or fact which doesn't fit his model > laugh it off with "jokey" comment > be confronted again > retreat to batcave for a day or two > re-emerge, attempting moral highground with "I'm above this tribal rubbish" for a while > be all over thread, fighting for libetarianism....etc

See you around, Bruce.
Hope you used copy & paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back