The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Election02-www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

For what it's worth, the attack on the car is the work of scum but it's only a handful of people, amongst millions, who are like that. On the other hand, we have a government trying to spin child poverty in a favorable light (and being put right by child poverty charities, thankfully).

I know which one I'm more disgusted by.

For what it's worth, the attack on the car is the work of scum but it's only a handful of people, amongst millions, who are like that. On the other hand, we have a government trying to spin child poverty in a favorable light (and being put right by child poverty charities, thankfully).

I know which one I'm more disgusted by.
Was just about to post something along these lines. The vandalism of society by the Goverment is a disgrace.

I suppose when you compare that to this country where the government seem to think it ok to starve innocents and forcibly remove people from their homes it doesn't sound that bad.

I really appreciate the passion of your arguments, but in the wise words of the stereotype scouser "calm down,calm down"......... No offence meant btw.........

My girlfriend got asked to help out in one a month or so ago for work , help in the community type scheme, she works in a bank.
She was truly shocked at the reality of what she saw, lots of working people and loads of people who had been sanctioned on benefits , not going to meeting despite not getting contacted seemed to be a common one or failing to apply for the correct benifit so having to apply and wait with nothing .
People want to open there eyes , I have worked for 30 odd years solid but like most could be a phone call or a letter from being out there scrounging as some put it ,

It robs ordinary people - the vast majority of them desperate to work and get on in life - of their dignity. And the thing is, the Tories don't even have to have it this way. They could show genuine compassion, be old-fashioned "one nation" Tories and at least command some respect and maybe a little trust from the less well-off. But they don't.

Instead, they show utter contempt for the poor and blame them for their own poverty.

In fairness Bruce, why are you surprised to see people posting in support of certain parties and expressing discontent at other parties on the General Election thread with less than a week to the General Election?

Once again it's worth noting, given that for a long time political discussions were banned on GOT, the standard of discussion and debate has been of a pretty high standard on this thread on a subject in which emotions run understandably high.

so you would have the same problem with a white man campaigning for civil rights, or joanna lumley campaigning for the Gurkha's, according to your bizarre and clearly heavily biased argument they shouldn't be representing these people

Straw man fallacy

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back