The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate the passion of your arguments, but in the wise words of the stereotype scouser "calm down,calm down"......... No offence meant btw.........
And I respect the consideration given over to yours.

However, we are just a few days away from collectively making a decision which WILL affect the lives of all of us. For many, on the face of it , not a lot will change. For some, it will recognisably change for the better, and others it will noticeably change for the worse. But, as a collective we will be responsible for the changing the lives of others. The decision we make, we will have to live with the consequences of for the next 5 years and beyond. That in itself is life-changing.

I find it impossible to justify making a decision which will make lives unbearable for people (and I mean genuinely unbearable.) My conscience won't allow it. To be able to make that decision knowing that those with plenty will end up with more , is in my mind inhumane, immoral, unjust. If having or expressing those views is something you'd like me to temper, I'm sorry because I can't and won't.

If my passion spills over then so be it. I won't apologise for standing up for what I believe in.

However, we are just a few days away from collectively making a decision which WILL affect the lives of all of us. For many, on the face of it , not a lot will change. For some, it will recognisably change for the better, and others it will noticeably change for the worse. But, as a collective we will be responsible for the changing the lives of others. The decision we make, we will have to live with the consequences of for the next 5 years and beyond. That in itself is life-changing.

I find it impossible to justify making a decision which will make lives unbearable for people (and I mean genuinely unbearable.) My conscience won't allow it. To be able to make that decision knowing that those with plenty will end up with more , is in my mind inhumane, immoral, unjust. If having or expressing those views is something you'd like me to temper, I'm sorry because I can't and won't.

If my passion spills over then so be it. I won't apologise for standing up for what I believe in.

Well said, and no one would argue about trying to help the disadvantaged, as has been discussed ad nauseam it's just the method to do it. I believe that if Miliband gets in with Sturgeon pulling the strings, the country will have a short term spending binge and then be fooked..............

Well said, and no one would argue about trying to help the disadvantaged, as has been discussed ad nauseam it's just the method to do it. I believe that if Miliband gets in with Sturgeon pulling the strings, the country will have a short term spending binge and then be fooked..............
The only people who think the SNP will be pulling the strings are the Tories & possibly the SNP, and I think deep down they all know that won't actually be the case.

Excellent post. You must also understand the passion of others in what they believe even if you disagree with their stance.

It's just all too obvious, isn't it?

...maybe he's over to explain how one of his papers are voting for a centre left bloc up in Scotland and a centre right one in England...oh, yeah, that's right, it's a manic personal vendetta against all things Labour and Miliband in particular.

Hopefully Murdoch's last election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back