The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone on here a supporter of HS2?

Massive vanity project and nothing more.

Apparently, making it to London half a hour earlier from Birmingham will pay for itself several times over by getting more business deals done & people gettig to conferences quicker etc.

With so many business deals being done at the click of a button rather than a handshake, and video conferencing available to all on a worldwide scale via skype these days, you have to wonder why the pro-HS2 use these examples as being of benefit.

Well that, and wheeling out that peddlar of shabbite turgid 'pop' muzak business entrepeneur (And train set enthusiast) pete waterman to promote it. When HE says it's a good thing.....:coffee:

What on earth has racism got to do with it...

I'm just trying to figure out your logic. You've suggested that people on here don't care about foreign lives as much as British lives, hence I interpreted a suggestion of some sort of racial/British superiority? Or, is your point that it is just simply apparent what is happening around us rather than in other countries, hence we care about it more for that reason?

I may have just misinterpreted what you have been posting, in which case I apologise.

Nuclear Power? Bit of a hobby horse this one for me. I would have built tons about 10 years ago, and would build tons now.

Not really a party issue, (well, Cons or LP anyrate), so views?

Yay, Nay, Cheese on toast?

HS2 could just as easily suck more money into London and out of Birmingham and the North as do the opposite.
Kind of. The north will benefit. The south will benefit more.

I know someone heavily involved with West Yorkshire transport and infrastructure planning and the investment arising from this project is phenomenal.

I'm just trying to figure out your logic. You've suggested that people on here don't care about foreign lives as much as British lives, hence I interpreted a suggestion of some sort of racial/British superiority? Or, is your point that it is just simply apparent what is happening around us rather than in other countries, hence we care about it more for that reason?

I may have just misinterpreted what you have been posting, in which case I apologise.

That's a strange interpretation.

People don't generally care as much about people who live outside of their country. That's a pretty easy to prove statement. AF proved the point in this very thread.

Nuclear Power? Bit of a hobby horse this one for me. I would have built tons about 10 years ago, and would build tons now.

Totally unnecessary when we have solar power, although i'm not opposed to nuclear itself.

We could solve the world's energy needs tomorrow if business wasn't dictating the move to clean energy.

Yay for now, because we can't get there fast enough with renewables.

Push your luck for too long and you might just have a disaster on your hands.

That's a strange interpretation.

People don't generally care as much about people who live outside of their country. That's a pretty easy to prove statement. AF proved the point in this very thread.

I proved that I don't.

If I was a perfect representation of people in general, wilkinson sword would have gone bust, everton would have won the league and the human population would be going extinct.

Well maybe I have trouble grasping this point because it doesn't ring true for me. A life is a life. We have discussed a lot of domestic policy on here because the choice of British government has a big impact upon it, but at the risk of repeating myself, that doesn't mean I value a British life above any other.

Totally unnecessary when we have solar power, although i'm not opposed to nuclear itself.

We could solve the world's energy needs tomorrow if business wasn't dictating the move to clean energy.

Yeah, that is a good point. I live very near the Bristol Channel, which has the second largest tidal flow/rise or whatever its called. For 40 years projects to harness this tidal power have come and gone, and nowt has ever happened.

You can literally see the power of the surges when the tide is coming in or out, it is astonishing.

Don't need Nuclear Power. The UK has enough wind to utilise for power. Then there is solar power. With a bit of planning most households could be self sufficient using wind and/or solar.

German Village Produces 321% More Energy Than It Needs ...

How a German Village Created an Independent Grid and a ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back