The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A noticeable difference between the average Labour supporter and the average Tory is the willingness to criticise their own party when they see it fall short of expectations (which is interesting, given the widely-held but misleading belief that The Left toes the party line whereas The Right are buccaneering individualists). Bliar wouldn't have got any stick at all from the party if he'd been a Tory. As it was, he was vilified by much of his party.

Incidentally, the notion that a Conservative PM wouldn't have gleefully followed Bush into Afghanistan and Iraq like a faithful doggie is completely laughable.

So, what's you point?

Spot on that.

You only have to look at how Thatcher is still viewed by the Tories even after it came out she knew about peadophile's in her cabinet and giving the ok to Cyril Smiths knighthood.

They still adore her.

Your claim is that people should not warn against a conservative government based on their sanctioning policy which has directly resulted in deaths because Labour may or may not go into a middle eastern war in the future?

I didn't make a claim. I made a statement of fact. The deaths of those people mentioned, while horrible, is statistically insignificant next to the number of lives which were lost between 2005 and 2010 thanks to Labour, and will be lost over the next five years in foreign countries regardless of who is in power.

There's millions of people in Africa living in real, abject, poverty (what's a food bank ?) but because they don't live on the same island as us we don't care nearly as much.

More deflection of blame for the misery caused by the Tories.

I wonder what reaction you would get if you were to go down to a food bank and tell the people there that they're lucky because Africa doesn't have food banks.

Suffering and poverty is of course relative, but you cannot excuse the injustice in this country by pointing to greater poverty across the globe and, in case you forgot, we are electing a government for the United Kingdom.

I didn't make a claim. I made a statement of fact. The death of those people mentioned, while sad, is statistically insignificant next to the number of lives which were lost between 2005 and 2010 thanks to Labour, and will be lost over the next five years in foreign countries regardless of who is in power.

Many labour voters will criticise that war. It has nothing to do with the punishing of the poor which has happened over the last 5 years though, which is what we were talking about.

More deflection of blame for the misery caused by the Tories.

I wonder what reaction you would get if you were to go down to a food bank and tell the people there that they're lucky because Africa doesn't have food banks.

Suffering and poverty is of course relative, but you cannot excuse the injustice in this country by pointing to greater poverty across the globe and, in case you forgot, we are electing a government for the United Kingdom.

- Point out where i've excused any injustice

- Zero deflection of blame for misery caused by the Tories

- We're electing a government for the United Kingdom which is a global power and causes damage or good all over the world. If you don't take that into account then that's simply naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back