The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....general agreement from all the pundits on Andrew Neil's BBC politics is that we are likely to get 5 more Tory years. Fear factor of Labour and the economy will be enough to sway the floaters in the last week. I think Labour have been too submissive on their economic record and that might be the difference.

Say not the struggle nought availeth,
The labour and the wounds are vain,
The enemy faints not, nor faileth,
And as things have been they remain.

If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars;
It may be, in yon smoke concealed,
Your comrades chase e'en now the fliers,
And, but for you, possess the field.

For while the tired waves, vainly breaking
Seem here no painful inch to gain,
Far back through creeks and inlets making,
Came, silent, flooding in, the main.

And not by eastern windows only,
When daylight comes, comes in the light,
In front the sun climbs slow, how slowly,
But westward, look, the land is bright.

Nice one.

That's like saying anyone even considering voting Labour should keep in mind the Rotherham incident.

That couldn't be further from the truth. The deaths of those people are directly because of a change in welfare rules made by Ian Duncan Smith and the Conservatives, purely for ideological reasons. Effectively, the sanctions are punishing the poor and do not affect anybody else.

The Rotheram incident is very complex and comes down to a catologue of errors, many of which were down to the police force, social services and individual councillors in Rotheram at the time, not the Labour party as a whole. Also, these crimes were committed by a group of criminals. Are you seriously suggesting that the Rotheram sexual offences were the fault of the Labour Party? Because sanctioning is definitely the fault of the Conservatives.

That's like saying anyone even considering voting Labour should keep in mind the Rotherham incident.

How is warning against voting Conservative with reference to their policies on benefits and sanctions in any way similar to linking Labour to the Rotherham incident?

How is warning against voting Conservative with reference to their policies on benefits and sanctions in any way similar to linking Labour to the Rotherham incident?
It isn't. It's a desperate attempt once again by those who support the Conservatives and their policies, to deflect the issue. The question has been asked many times on this thread and still no acceptable answers. How can anyone vote for a party which persecutes the poor and the disabled, (the weakest in our society) which at the same time gives tax breaks to the richest citizens, and maintain a clear conscience?

ATOS only gave the lucrative IDS contract up as it was unworkable, and their office windows were being smashed in, now IDS has give it to a even worse company from the USA worth Billions we have not got!

I hate the labour voter attitude of ;You are a bad person if you don't vote labour. I'm a great person because I vote labour.

And I hate the tory voter attitude of; You don't understand the economy if you don't vote conservative. I'm clever because I vote for the conseversatives.

People have different political opinions, let them.

I hate the labour voter attitude of ;You are a bad person if you don't vote labour. I'm a great person because I vote labour.

And I hate the tory voter attitude of; You don't understand the economy if you don't vote conservative. I'm clever because I vote for the conseversatives.

People have different political opinions, let them.

Yes, let them. Don't hate them.

Edit: I don't think anybody actually thinks they're a 'great person' depending in who they vote for. I don't.

"The permanent secretary to the Treasury, Sir Nicholas Macpherson, has argued that the 2008 financial crisis was “a banking crisis pure and simple”, contradicting Conservative claims that it was caused by Labour overspending.

His surprising remarks come after Ed Miliband came under pressure on a leader’s question time debate last week that Labour government had overspent, a view strengthened by the now notorious letter left by the former treasury chief secretary Liam Byrne to his successor in 2010 that there was “no money left”.

In a largely challenging review of Mr Osborne’s Economic Experiment, a book by the Observer economics columnist William Keegan, Macpherson wrote: “Some of Keegan’s book resonates. The 2008 crisis was a banking crisis pure and simple. Excessive risk had built up in the system; the regulators failed to appreciate the scale of that risk or to address it.

“As he puts it, it was ‘a failure of the Group of Seven economic policymaking establishment’, myself included. Inevitably, countries with bigger banking sectors, notably the UK, were worse affected.”

Miliband has always insisted that the banking crisis caused the deficit – not the other way round but admits that the last Labour government did not do enough to reform the banks."

[article continues]

I desperately hope Labour can get this message across to the electorate in the next four days but I fear the Tories have the vast majority of the media in their pockets.

Unless Labour are going to scrap invading other countries and/or using drone strikes in the middle east i'd be wary of talking about voting the Tories out because their policies have led to innocent people being killed.

That is, assuming you value foreign lives as much as people who just happen to live in the same country as you.

Unless Labour are going to scrap invading other countries and/or using drone strikes in the middle east i'd be wary of talking about voting the Tories out because their policies have led to innocent people being killed.

That is, assuming you value foreign lives as much as people who just happen to live in the same country as you.

I'd happily criticise the Blair government over their killing of innocent people, they are responsible for that. This however, is here and now. We are talking about issues of this election.

Ed Millaband is no Tony Blair, and he stopped the bombing of Syria!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back