The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we might see some sort of formal Labour-LibDem coalition with support from the SNP, Plaid and the one Green.

Otherwise, Miliband will probably try to go it alone and dare them to stop him.

Can't see Cameron staying.

God I hope not. 5 parties working together?

Just have another election.

Miliband has unveiled what can best be described as a tombstone with 6 vague 'pledges' on it:

CEEYm5oWIAED-Nn.jpg

End this madness.

I also can;t help but notice that Miliband's signature is a perfect mix of Comic Sans and the Simpsons credits.

Haha. Brilliant. This is like 'The Thick Of It' esque.

I do having a feeling, though, that number 4 will come back to haunt them. Not because they will have be seen to have failed on the point, but because in years to come, people will look back on the whole 'controlling immigration' nonesense as rhetoric of it's time, driven forward by a dangerous right wing fringe politician who caught the attention of the disillusioned.

Parklife

God I hope not. 5 parties working together?

Just have another election.

No, not working together as such. The other parties will simple vote with Labour to pass them through the house of commons. It isn;t as though they will be drafting up policies together.

No, not working together as such. The other parties will simple vote with Labour to pass them through the house of commons. It isn;t as though they will be drafting up policies together.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could all properly work together and draft legislation together, and be this wonderful progressive centre-left pact with no in-fighting?

Shame it is totally impossible!

....SNP clear on their view that they will oppose a Tory Queens Speach. Unless the Conservatives can get that vote passed by getting a majority elsewhere it virtually blows them out of the water. SNP also clear that their bargaining requirement is scrapping of Trident, yet Labour know the Conservatives will back them on that.

As long as Labours economic policy shows sufficient reduction in austerity it appears SNP will support them anyway.

I seem to remember some kind of conscious coupling with a dude, in a rose garden about 5 years ago. It's been the other fella taking it from behind ever since.
Yes and Cameron did say he did not want talks in dark rooms may a low light light bulb maybe? look the word was meant to say dodging I was tired and off to bed just got up now as I was knackered health wise not drinking as I can not touch alcohol!

At least there is no claim to 12 billion welfare cuts by the Tories unexplained and a refusal to explain - DC will create employment when he builds all his soup kitchens for the unemployed! like in the USA as he has been over there looking at their great welfare system!

William Vague on the Sunday Politics show talking about possibly protecting welfare for the disabled without actually committing to anything. Worth remembering that the coalition attacks on the disabled have been so severe the UN are investigating them.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourki...over-systemic-violations-of-disability-rights

Also worth remembering that disability isn't just something you're born with. Any one of us could find ourselves permanently incapacitated through injury or illness at any time. I guess the idea is that if you vote Tory it probably won't happen to you.

Cameron doesn't look and sound like a person who is the next PM in waiting? For the last 2 weeks they have been panicking. All their 'good' news on the economy has not washed with people whose lives are not getting better. So they resort to type when things aren't going well. Scaremongering, hence, the constant SNP baiting. Cameron's pathetic attempt to 'show' he meant 'business' was the sound of a man who is sinking. UKIP will take votes off the Tories and this will effect them in loads of seats.

I reckon the Tories will win around 250 and Labour 280-290. What happens then with the SNP and Labour will be interesting.

The LD will not do as well as the last election, they are not doing to well in their 'traditional' strongholds. UKIP will take votes off them in the South West. Alexander's release of what the Tories intended/are intending to do to welfare, seems to me an indication that Clegg/Alexander are getting desperate and want to undermine the Tories. Because I think the LD are getting it in the neck from their own supporters, who on the doorstep are being told they should never have backed the Tories and are sensing a shift to Labour and want to creep their way into a 'grand' coalition'.

Cameron doesn't look and sound like a person who is the next PM in waiting? For the last 2 weeks they have been panicking. All their 'good' news on the economy has not washed with people whose lives are not getting better. So they resort to type when things aren't going well. Scaremongering, hence, the constant SNP baiting. Cameron's pathetic attempt to 'show' he meant 'business' was the sound of a man who is sinking. UKIP will take votes off the Tories and this will effect them in loads of seats.

I reckon the Tories will win around 250 and Labour 280-290. What happens then with the SNP and Labour will be interesting.

The LD will not do as well as the last election, they are not doing to well in their 'traditional' strongholds. UKIP will take votes off them in the South West. Alexander's release of what the Tories intended/are intending to do to welfare, seems to me an indication that Clegg/Alexander are getting desperate and want to undermine the Tories. Because I think the LD are getting it in the neck from their own supporters, who on the doorstep are being told they should never have backed the Tories and are sensing a shift to Labour and want to creep their way into a 'grand' coalition'.

You're optimistic on how many seats Labour might get, other than that though, I totally agree with you.

The recent Tory campaign has been horribly negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back