The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're optimistic on how many seats Labour might get, other than that though, I totally agree with you.

The recent Tory campaign has been horribly negative.
I agree with that I feel Labour will be about ten seats behind the Tories , because of the rise of the SNP - however it will be a mess a DC will try and merge a Government!

Cameron doesn't look and sound like a person who is the next PM in waiting? For the last 2 weeks they have been panicking.

Let's see what a full-on character assassination by the S*n and Mail can do. I'm old enough to remember the "Will the last person left in Britain please turns the lights off?" headline. An expected Labour win evaporated like petrol as hundreds of thousands changed their minds on the way to the polling stations.

Let's see what a full-on character assassination by the S*n and Mail can do. I'm old enough to remember the "Will the last person left in Britain please turns the lights off?" headline. An expected Labour win evaporated like petrol as hundreds of thousands changed their minds on the way to the polling stations.

Remember it well.

Mind you, the brainless wazzack who organised the Sheffield "We're alright" rally should get an honourable mention.

William Vague on the Sunday Politics show talking about possibly protecting welfare for the disabled without actually committing to anything. Worth remembering that the coalition attacks on the disabled have been so severe the UN are investigating them.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourki...over-systemic-violations-of-disability-rights

Also worth remembering that disability isn't just something you're born with. Any one of us could find ourselves permanently incapacitated through injury or illness at any time. I guess the idea is that if you vote Tory it probably won't happen to you.

I don't know how true this is, but about 3 years back I heard of a bloke who was working for royal mail. He was off sick (Arthritic spine or something - I don't know the exact details) for something like 4-6 months when he was sent to ATOS (royal mail occupational health contractors) for evaluation.

Found unfit for work & paid off. His condition deteriorated.

A year or so later he was sent by the DWP for a work capability assessment (WCA) to ATOS.......Well, I'm sure you can guess the rest.

Haha. Brilliant. This is like 'The Thick Of It' esque.

I do having a feeling, though, that number 4 will come back to haunt them. Not because they will have be seen to have failed on the point, but because in years to come, people will look back on the whole 'controlling immigration' nonesense as rhetoric of it's time, driven forward by a dangerous right wing fringe politician who caught the attention of the disillusioned.

Well, considering that you cannot control immigration from the EU, it will definitely come back to haunt them.

"Controlling immigration is nonsense." Yeah because most self governing countries that do this, do it out of stupidity.

I don't know how true this is, but about 3 years back I heard of a bloke who was working for royal mail. He was off sick (Arthritic spine or something - I don't know the exact details) for something like 4-6 months when he was sent to ATOS (royal mail occupational health contractors) for evaluation.

Found unfit for work & paid off. His condition deteriorated.

A year or so later he was sent by the DWP for a work capability assessment (WCA) to ATOS.......Well, I'm sure you can guess the rest.

All too common.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...t-coalition-policies-have-hit-disabled-people
49 deaths as a result of benefit sanctions have been investigated by the DWP since 2012.

All too common.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...t-coalition-policies-have-hit-disabled-people
49 deaths as a result of benefit sanctions have been investigated by the DWP since 2012.

There were something like 73 deaths per week of people being found fit to work, before the Govt point-blanked refused to release 'stopped collating' the numbers; and that was in 2010, before they made the disability criteria even harder to qualify under.

IDS ought to be tried for genocide. Law unto himself, that b'stard.

....general agreement from all the pundits on Andrew Neil's BBC politics is that we are likely to get 5 more Tory years. Fear factor of Labour and the economy will be enough to sway the floaters in the last week. I think Labour have been too submissive on their economic record and that might be the difference.

....general agreement from all the pundits on Andrew Neil's BBC politics is that we are likely to get 5 more Tory years. Fear factor of Labour and the economy will be enough to sway the floaters in the last week. I think Labour have been too submissive on their economic record and that might be the difference.
Forget the BBC propaganda everyone he interviewed on that panel was guessing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back