The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Labour are going to scrap invading other countries and/or using drone strikes in the middle east i'd be wary of talking about voting the Tories out because their policies have led to innocent people being killed.

That is, assuming you value foreign lives as much as people who just happen to live in the same country as you.

Not often that there is a chance to vote for a party knowing that they're going to take our troops to war. When conflicts occur during parliament decisions have to be made.

Suggesting that UK involvement in the Iraq war (& I presume that's what you mean) was Labours fault is just daft. Fully supported by the Tories at the time. The last time military involvement was on the cards was Syria. The Tories pushed for it. Labour opposed.

I hate the labour voter attitude of ;You are a bad person if you don't vote labour. I'm a great person because I vote labour.

And I hate the tory voter attitude of; You don't understand the economy if you don't vote conservative. I'm clever because I vote for the conseversatives.

People have different political opinions, let them.

I can just imagine george dubya saying that! :p

Not often that there is a chance to vote for a party knowing that they're going to take our troops to war. When conflicts occur during parliament decisions have to be made.

Suggesting that UK involvement in the Iraq war (& I presume that's what you mean) was Labours fault is just daft. Fully supported by the Tories at the time. The last time military involvement was on the cards was Syria. The Tories pushed for it. Labour opposed.

The Tories supported the war, great. Never said they didn't.

Point being, both were in support of something that led to the deaths of thousands of innocent people, for the 'bigger picture'.

What an excellent article. Basically, Dan Hodges has made up a conversation between Miliband and Cameron based on what he thinks happened, because he wasn't actually there, with no sources to prove his point.

The same claims were made by No.10 at the time of the vote. He was accused then of changing his stance multiple times.

That article simply suggests Ed was playing the pipes whilst Cameron danced to his tune.

So what you're saying is that Milliband was playing politics while innocent people's lives were at stake.

Man of the people.

Unless Labour are going to scrap invading other countries and/or using drone strikes in the middle east i'd be wary of talking about voting the Tories out because their policies have led to innocent people being killed.

That is, assuming you value foreign lives as much as people who just happen to live in the same country as you.

A noticeable difference between the average Labour supporter and the average Tory is the willingness to criticise their own party when they see it fall short of expectations (which is interesting, given the widely-held but misleading belief that The Left toes the party line whereas The Right are buccaneering individualists). Bliar wouldn't have got any stick at all from the party if he'd been a Tory. As it was, he was vilified by much of his party.

Incidentally, the notion that a Conservative PM wouldn't have gleefully followed Bush into Afghanistan and Iraq like a faithful doggie is completely laughable.

So, what's your point?

Last edited:

A noticeable difference between the average Labour supporter and the average Tory is the willingness to criticise their own party when they see it fall short of expectations (which is interesting, given the widely-held but misleading belief that The Left toes the party line whereas The Right are buccaneering individualists). Bliar wouldn't have got any stick at all from the party if he'd been a Tory. As it was, he was vilified by much of his party.

Incidentally, the notion that a Conservative PM wouldn't have gleefully followed Bush into Afghanistan and Iraq like a faithful doggie is completely laughable.

So, what's you point?

Good thing i never made the claim then isn't it really.

Good thing i never made the claim then isn't it really.

Your claim is that people should not warn against a conservative government based on their sanctioning policy which has directly resulted in deaths because Labour may or may not go into a middle eastern war in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back