The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And who would have been PM ? The same man that 17.5M people voted against.........
How many times? We vote for MPs not PMs. If a PM steps down is another election called? No. In case you hadn't noticed when Cameron took holiday Clegg was left in charge. How many people voted for that?

Yeah he did.

He also endorsed not voting.

Next week he'll be endorsing UKIP.
Be a bit late as the election will be over, TBH the media is going Hypo over this hung election - if RB has endorsed Labour you may scorn it but he does have a lot of young YTube followers!

Be a bit late as the election will be over, TBH the media is going Hypo over this hung election - if RB has endorsed Labour you may scorn it but he does have a lot of young YTube followers!

A lot of young YouTube followers who probably aren't registered to vote because he's spent the past 3 years telling them that all politicians are liars and the system doesn't work.

He's an utter cretin.

Brand puts forward some good arguments.

He appears to advocate the SNP in Scotland, Greens in Brighton and Labour in England.
At least he's advocating supporting those who are fighting the same fight. The Sun newspaper, who are way more abnoxious than Brand in every way, as mouthpiece for the Tory party, is supporting the Tories south of the border and the party standing pretty much on an anti Tory platform, north of the border.

Go figure.

Using the Guardian Poll of polls (constituency level, national and English regions, and national polls) currently the likely outcomes are as follows:

Labour 269 seats
Cons 274 seats
Lib Dem 27 seats
UKIP 3 seats
SNP 55 seats
Others 21 seats

Breaking this down into likely alliances to see who gets to 322 seats to win a vote of confidence, we have

Labour & SNP 324 - survive
Labour & LD 296 - fail
Labour & G & SNP & SDLP & PC 331 - survive
Cons & LD 301 - fail
Cons & DUP & UKIP 313 - fail

It looks highly unlikely that the Conservatives can form a minority Government even with a formal coalition and pass a confidence vote without a significant move in the polls. No wonder Boris is the King in waiting.

It also suggests that the Liberal Democrats will have no influence at all in the forthcoming Parliament.

From these figures I believe Ed Miliband will form a minority Government and rely on the smaller parties including the SNP to pass a confidence vote if required.

Latest figures suggest polls moving in favour of near parity between Labour and Conservative:

Labour 270 seats
Cons 274 seats
Lib Dem 27 seats
UKIP 3 seats
SNP 54 seats
Others 21 seats

Breaking this down into likely alliances to see who gets to 322 seats to win a vote of confidence, we have

Labour & SNP 324 - survive
Labour & LD 297 - fail
Labour & G & SNP & SDLP & PC 331 - survive
Cons & LD 301 - fail
Cons & DUP & UKIP 313 - fail

Delia Smith wrote the following letter today in support of Labour:

"Dear fellow voter,

The reason I have always voted Labour is initially because my parents did. My mother aged five witnessed the tragic death of her 18-month-old brother because the family could not afford to send for a doctor to treat his pneumonia. Wind on the years to when I was about 7 and I remember we had a poster with a table light behind it in our front window saying 'Vote Labour for a National Health Service' in the year they were campaigning for it.

That was all of 67 years ago, and now what they pioneered and worked so hard for, which became the envy of the world, is in grave danger of being compromised or at worst ceasing to exist, as we know it.

In short, what I believe profoundly, is the party that campaigned for it and created it will be the best one to nurture and sustain it for the future.

We are all fully aware of the strain it's under, and we each have a duty to do all we can to preserve this most precious asset, that makes such a vital contribution to human well-being in the U.K. We cannot afford to allow it to fall into the wrong hands.

Think back to that glorious opening ceremony at the Olympic stadium that was beamed around the world, and how we celebrated the NHS as one of our greatest achievements. Then think about how very close this election is and use first your heart and then your vote and play a part in helping Labour to work for and at all costs keep our NHS.

With warmest wishes,

Delia "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back