The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest figures suggest polls moving in favour of near parity between Labour and Conservative:

Labour 270 seats
Cons 274 seats
Lib Dem 27 seats
UKIP 3 seats
SNP 54 seats
Others 21 seats

Breaking this down into likely alliances to see who gets to 322 seats to win a vote of confidence, we have

Labour & SNP 324 - survive
Labour & LD 297 - fail
Labour & G & SNP & SDLP & PC 331 - survive
Cons & LD 301 - fail
Cons & DUP & UKIP 313 - fail

Numbers like that would help to put the legitimacy question to bed.

I'd hope they can claw a few back in Scotland too over the coming days.

Delia Smith wrote the following letter today in support of Labour:

"Dear fellow voter,

The reason I have always voted Labour is initially because my parents did. My mother aged five witnessed the tragic death of her 18-month-old brother because the family could not afford to send for a doctor to treat his pneumonia. Wind on the years to when I was about 7 and I remember we had a poster with a table light behind it in our front window saying 'Vote Labour for a National Health Service' in the year they were campaigning for it.

That was all of 67 years ago, and now what they pioneered and worked so hard for, which became the envy of the world, is in grave danger of being compromised or at worst ceasing to exist, as we know it.

In short, what I believe profoundly, is the party that campaigned for it and created it will be the best one to nurture and sustain it for the future.

We are all fully aware of the strain it's under, and we each have a duty to do all we can to preserve this most precious asset, that makes such a vital contribution to human well-being in the U.K. We cannot afford to allow it to fall into the wrong hands.

Think back to that glorious opening ceremony at the Olympic stadium that was beamed around the world, and how we celebrated the NHS as one of our greatest achievements. Then think about how very close this election is and use first your heart and then your vote and play a part in helping Labour to work for and at all costs keep our NHS.

With warmest wishes,

Delia "

Was she also drunk and shouting "let's be 'aving you"..........

Delia Smith wrote the following letter today in support of Labour:

"Dear fellow voter,

The reason I have always voted Labour is initially because my parents did. My mother aged five witnessed the tragic death of her 18-month-old brother because the family could not afford to send for a doctor to treat his pneumonia. Wind on the years to when I was about 7 and I remember we had a poster with a table light behind it in our front window saying 'Vote Labour for a National Health Service' in the year they were campaigning for it.

That was all of 67 years ago, and now what they pioneered and worked so hard for, which became the envy of the world, is in grave danger of being compromised or at worst ceasing to exist, as we know it.

In short, what I believe profoundly, is the party that campaigned for it and created it will be the best one to nurture and sustain it for the future.

We are all fully aware of the strain it's under, and we each have a duty to do all we can to preserve this most precious asset, that makes such a vital contribution to human well-being in the U.K. We cannot afford to allow it to fall into the wrong hands.

Think back to that glorious opening ceremony at the Olympic stadium that was beamed around the world, and how we celebrated the NHS as one of our greatest achievements. Then think about how very close this election is and use first your heart and then your vote and play a part in helping Labour to work for and at all costs keep our NHS.

With warmest wishes,

Delia "

And for those not around at the time, the G P's were against its introduction and, surprise surprise, the Tories voted against it.

You know exactly what he meant.

That if you call someone racist, you've lost the argument in the same way that calling someone an idiot is. That's it's just an insult.

Which, I have a problem with, like honestly, my problem with apartheid south africa or nazi germany or the ku klux klan or the bnp is that they're racist, that they treat one race different to another. If I can't use that word how can I describe my problems with those policies?

I am voting Labour - for the first time (have always been a Liberal and would argue they are more left than Labour but have to be practical once in a while). Have to cast a vote that has a chance of removing Cameron who, let's be honest, has attempted to staunch the deficit by making those least able to pay suffer the most. I live in McVey's constituency so at least my vote counts.

I see Clegg and Cameron are busy calling each other liars.

Regardless of the outcome, what a shambles of a campaign those chinless Tories have run...and they say they're best left to get on running the country.

General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...egg--can-you-kill-katie-hopkins-10223856.html
A 14-year-old boy just asked Nick Clegg the best question of the campaign: can you kill Katie Hopkins?
“No, no, no,” I don’t think that’s a good idea, replied the Deputy Prime Minister, telling the kid to “just ignore” the controversial columnist

Clegg is a spineless fool, get in in the manifesto now!

A lot of young YouTube followers who probably aren't registered to vote because he's spent the past 3 years telling them that all politicians are liars and the system doesn't work.

He's an utter cretin.

I follow his Trews channel on YouTube. It's variable but some of it is tremendous. He's far from being a cretin, even if you might not agree with his stance. I couldn't stand him until a year or so ago but I've warmed to him enormously since he got the better of a sneering Paxman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back