The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I disagree. I take your point with Sachs, but I do think he has a lot to say about important issues. I also think he can resonate with lots of young people who are not sure who to vote for, though.

Spot on.

Brand is a symptom to a problem as opposed to the cause. He is prominent because some people - particularly younger people - do not have anywhere else to look and trust.

He is also proving to be a part of the solution by using his platform to explore runners in this election and present them to this audience.

It isn't his fault Cameron didn't think he was worthy of seeing him.

Well that doesnt rhyme.
I think the detail he refers to is this:

When the simple question of who they'd vote for is answered both Coppard (Lab) and Clegg each receive 28% of those giving their definite intention....the 7% lead for Clegg comes AFTER adjustments for 'dont knows/those refusing to answer'...in other words they're factoring in an incumbency weight which throws the bias in Clegg's favour.

Still on a knife's edge that one.

Tables here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/264086543/Hallam-BPC-1

If the Tories didn't see Russell Brand's endorsement of Labour as a threat at all, they would have ignored the issue rather than calling him a 'joke'. The guy has 10 million twitter followers.

3 million of those followers are fake. Of the remaining 5.5 million, a very large number will be from countries outside of the UK.

He will make very little difference if any at all. The majority of his followers were likely not going to vote Tory to begin with, and i highly doubt a significant number of people will vote cos Brand said so.

3 million of those followers are fake. Of the remaining 5.5 million, a very large number will be from countries outside of the UK.

He will make very little difference if any at all. The majority of his followers were likely not going to vote Tory to begin with, and i highly doubt a significant number of people will vote cos Brand said so.
chico on twitter now?

The other dimension to it was to show that Miliband could energise people to become engaged again. Stage one: visit to Brand; stage two Brand comes to the conclusion that Miliband had a strong point. This adds up to Miliband being positioned as the vibrant man for our times and Cameron as some out of touch chinless tit.

THAT's the pay off.

The other dimension to it was to show that Miliband could energise people to become engaged again. Stage one: visit to Brand; stage two Brand comes to the conclusion that Miliband had a strong point. This adds up to Miliband being positioned as the vibrant man for our times and Cameron as some out of touch chinless tit.

THAT's the pay off.

I didn't think it looked good at the time for Cameron. Miliband is appearing on Brand's show to appeal to disillusioned voters, while Cameron is calling him a joke. He is really out of touch.

I didn't think it looked good at the time for Cameron. Miliband is appearing on Brand's show to appeal to disillusioned voters, while Cameron is calling him a joke. He is really out of touch.
I think there's only one leader appearing statesmanlike at this election - Miliband.

The others look lightweight or like fools.

labour-ed-miliband-stone-v2.jpg

So statesmanlike.

Can imagine Obama is preparing one as we speak.

Interesting stat from the Clegg/Hallam poll questions:

Putting aside individual candidate names and the context of the situation which party will or have you voted for?

Labour 29%
Lib Dem 22%
Conservative 16%

The headline figure is now looking to me to be a complete red herring.

Labour are going to take that seat...handily, IMO.

labour-ed-miliband-stone-v2.jpg

So statesmanlike.

Can imagine Obama is preparing one as we speak.

what does statesmanlike even mean? I could give two hoots what Obama thinks, he is advocating policies(not on this plinth thing) that will make a genuine difference to peoples lives, doubt they care about being statesmanlike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back