The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow his Trews channel on YouTube. It's variable but some of it is tremendous. He's far from being a cretin, even if you might not agree with his stance. I couldn't stand him until a year or so ago but I've warmed to him enormously since he got the better of a sneering Paxman.

My opinion of him as a cretin doesn't really have much to do with his politics, I couldn't really care less about that - it is more to do with the Sachs 'scandal' a few years ago, which most certainly did make Brand look like a cretin. Nothing he has done or said since has managed to change that.

inside-job-poster.jpg

Watching this right now. Looks like it was the bankers what dun it.

I have a feeling that we could be in for a bit of a surprise on Thursday - I can see some sort of significant swing to either Labour or the Tories at the last minute - it might not give either a majority, but it might give the Tories enough to form a coalition with the Lib Dems or it might give Labour enough for a (stable) minority government.

If the Tories didn't see Russell Brand's endorsement of Labour as a threat at all, they would have ignored the issue rather than calling him a 'joke'. The guy has 10 million twitter followers.

Very interesting. Two seperate polls conducted

1) Labour up when they asked voters in the area which party they intend to vote for

2) When specific candidates named. IE Clegg swing of around 10% to put him well out in front.

Massive tactical vote in operation here from tory voters. Not all bad for Labour, if that trend is the same nationally they may pick up seats in Scotland thanks to pro union votes who usually would not vote Labour.

If the Tories didn't see Russell Brand's endorsement of Labour as a threat at all, they would have ignored the issue rather than calling him a 'joke'. The guy has 10 million twitter followers.

Any endorsement can be seen is a 'threat', but I doubt they're particularly worried about it - I don't think any celebrity endorsement has ever swayed an election.

As for them calling him a joke - they do have a point.

It's hilarious that he's waited this long to endorse a party. After telling people not to vote for months. A lot of them probably didn't even register to vote. lol

Any endorsement can be seen is a 'threat', but I doubt they're particularly worried about it - I don't think any celebrity endorsement has ever swayed an election.

Personally, I disagree. I take your point with Sachs, but I do think he has a lot to say about important issues. I also think he can resonate with lots of young people who are not sure who to vote for, though.

Yep. It can also put people off. Like folk of a certain age may not like Brand very much, so when he pops up saying he will do this and that, it can have the opposite effect.

I remember the Red Wedge music thing put off tons of possible Labour swing voters in the 80's.

It's hilarious that he's waited this long to endorse a party. After telling people not to vote for months. A lot of them probably didn't even register to vote. lol

This is a misconception, I think. Brand has never told anybody not to vote. He said he hasn;t voted himself. There is a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back