The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron as sitting PM will get first dibs on trying to construct a working government and I can't see why the Lib Dems would desert him now if there was a chance of another formal pact?
There is no way a Tory minority based on current projections would get confidence to form government. Simply not enough support. Also, the Lib Dems are no way guaranteed to support them. There is going to be huge implications for the LDs if Clegg doesn't get re-elected and even bigger ones if he goes against the will of the grass roots party members.

Cameron as sitting PM will get first dibs on trying to construct a working government and I can't see why the Lib Dems would desert him now if there was a chance of another formal pact?

Because they will not command a majority in the House.

The only combination that can command a majority for a confidence vote is Labour and SNP.

It does not matter that there is no formal arrangement between the two parties. Both parties are committed to keeping Cameron out of number 10.

Also, in regards to this bit.....

With everyone connected to the right wing of British politics trying to change the constitution rules at the moment, I'm guessing that if Labour have more seats (unlikely but a possibility), then the Conservatives will be standing down graciously anyway.

Daily Mail printing a story from Richard Littlejohn saying "Trust Labour? I'd rather trust Jimmy Savile to babysit"

Bizarre, uncalled for and out of order.

They're terrified.

Daily Mail printing a story from Richard Littlejohn saying "Trust Labour? I'd rather trust Jimmy Savile to babysit"

Bizarre, uncalled for and out of order.

They're terrified.

ha! littlejohn...he makes k hopkins seem reasonable

I think the 2 main parties will be resistant still. From a personal perspective, I would be cautious of a system which would result in the likes of UKIP having a stronger voice at Westminster. In a week where legitimacy seems to be the major player in arguments about democracy, I am concerned that we once again play into the hands of those with views that I feel have absolutely no place in our society. I've said it before, the more representation UKIP have, the more that the general public will view their opinions as acceptable. In my mind, this would not be good for our country.
More like the Tories will implement the Boundary changes if successful at any price this time!

Brand is NOTHING but a self publicist
He has done enormous damage in the past few months by urging his impressionable teenage fan club NOT to vote.
Now that THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING TO VOTE IS PASSED, he suddenly says 'vote Labour'

Too late now for those who listened to his inane ramblings and did not register
I posted it as a joke, but he's very popular with the under 35's, more so the under 24's.

10m followers on Youtube, over 1m watched his interview with Milliband, Brand could certainly influence the way the X Factor generation votes.

And Milliband has actually persuaded him to change his stance and get behind Labour, starting to look like a very good move by Milliband after all the flak he took for being interviewed by him.

ha! littlejohn...he makes k hopkins seem reasonable

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/may/07/books.bookscomment

"I can't help noticing Littlejohn's picture, even when my eyes are looking elsewhere, because his face smells - or at any rate, I think it does. I can smell it in my brain. Even when it's just a photo. It smells like someone breaking wind in a pair of cheap nylon trousers while eating a scotch egg in a hot car passing the Tilsworth Golf and Conference Centre on the A5 outside Dunstable. But worse."

Also, in regards to this bit.....

With everyone connected to the right wing of British politics trying to change the constitution rules at the moment, I'm guessing that if Labour have more seats (unlikely but a possibility), then the Conservatives will be standing down graciously anyway.

The constiution has very little to say on this. In 2010, when Labour won fewer seats than the Tories, it was Ed Milliband who told everyone that it was Gordon Brown as sitting PM who had the right to try and create a working government. He tried and failed.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/may/07/books.bookscomment

"I can't help noticing Littlejohn's picture, even when my eyes are looking elsewhere, because his face smells - or at any rate, I think it does. I can smell it in my brain. Even when it's just a photo. It smells like someone breaking wind in a pair of cheap nylon trousers while eating a scotch egg in a hot car passing the Tilsworth Golf and Conference Centre on the A5 outside Dunstable. But worse."

Hahahaha!! lol

The constiution has very little to say on this. In 2010, when Labour won fewer seats than the Tories, it was Ed Milliband who told everyone that it was Gordon Brown as sitting PM who had the right to try and create a working government. He tried and failed.

It really shouldn't work like that. The party with the biggest mandate from the electorate (so the party with the most votes) should aways get the first chance to form a government.

It really shouldn't work like that. The party with the biggest mandate from the electorate (so the party with the most votes) should aways get the first chance to form a government.

Most votes or most seats? There have been general elections (admittedly not for a while) when the two outcomes were not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back