The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I D S says that disabled and sickness benefits will be protected. What if a Tory government says to local councils that the cash they receive to pay for housing benefits is to be cut? That will penalise the sick and disabled just as surely as if E S A and / or D L A - P I P were frozen.

What if the criteria for for these benefits were altered (fiddled) even further than they have been?

You can protect the headline figure but still ensure money is reduced by a number of means.

The thing with this one is...

a) its bull. As you say, they will find a way
b) the benefits in these areas have already been decimated to the point that people don't have enough to get by. How can anyone expect this announcement to be appreciated when the damage has already been done?

IDS is the most odious of the lot of them and I think I'd include Farage in that.

I D S says that disabled and sickness benefits will be protected. What if a Tory government says to local councils that the cash they receive to pay for housing benefits is to be cut? That will penalise the sick and disabled just as surely as if E S A and / or D L A - P I P were frozen.

What if the criteria for for these benefits were altered (fiddled) even further than they have been?

You can protect the headline figure but still ensure money is reduced by a number of means.

And how many times has the ICO told him not to give out misleading figures? How many court appeals has the DWP made....And rulings against them been ignored?

He thinks that if HE BELIEVES the figures are right - then they're right, and it's up to YOU to disprove them.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/iain-duncan-smith-fallacy-libel-evidence.html

He's wasted countless millions - as much as the other gabshoite at the barn. God knows how he's still in a job. He must have some sort of compromising details on dave & cocaine gideon.

And it's a sad indictment on the constituents of chingford if they continually elect political thugs skinheads like they have over the years (churchill, tebbit, dummkopf-schmitt).

Last edited:
IDS just been on the BBC2 debate could not tell you were that were the 12 billion cuts in welfare were coming from when he was more or less protecting most benefits in the future this 12 billion of cuts will be carried out by the Tory government in the first two years????
Also would not admit he had caused the rising surge of food banks?
oh and he denied 60 people had taken their lives because of his welfare unfair assessments threaten legal action against anyone on the panel to take him- on great for a person who lives in a free house on his father in laws estate!

IDS just been on the BBC2 debate could not tell you were that were the 12 billion cuts in welfare were coming from when he was more or less protecting most benefits in the future this 12 billion of cuts will be carried out by the Tory government in the first two years????
oh and he denied 60 people had taken their lives because of his welfare unfair assessments threaten legal action against anyone on the panel to take him- on great for a person who lives in a free house on his father in laws estate!

The constituents who vote for this man should hang their heads in shame, although I'm guessing that poverty doesn't exist in the eyes of many of the people of Chingford.

Except it's not, at all. It's just nonsense political cynicism from a guy upset that someone has done what he never could do and look at the bigger picture instead of just being a sneering tosser with no answers to anything.

Yeah. He's just jealous I guess.

What have the labour party done in opposition? Not a lot. When they've been the shadows to the likes of ids, may & hunt and most of what they've done is vote with them......... They've voted alongside the coalition on several of the welfare changes that have impacted the poorest in society, and have said they're gonna be as tough as them on welfare if they get in - which will mean more kids going out as free labour for the the big corporates. Something that as he correctly states - won't affect the likes of brand or a lot of the middle classes.

A topic that I've never heard brand go on about. Or is it 'snide' to say that?

Last edited:

He really is a contemptuous bellend. People should call his bluff given his track record in the courts with the DWP. The sad thing is though, it'll mean if they were to get in again more taxpayer's money'd be wasted on his frivoulous defences & appeals when he's been ruled against.

He really is a contemptuous bellend. People should call his bluff given his track record in the courts with the DWP. The sad thing is though, it'll mean if they were to get in again more taxpayer's money'd be wasted on his frivoulous defences & appeals when he's been ruled against.

Oh, and I wonder if he'll still snidily apply to have BRITISH CITIZENS (And one born in his own constituency at that!) deported for winning ALL of their appeals against DWP??

https://diaryofansahstrokesurvivor....-iain-duncan-smith-could-not-stoop-any-lower/

Mind you, I have been a bit hasty - given the changes in legal aid brought about by his one time his 'understudy' at DWP the ever so sensible reinhard heydrich chris grayling, it might not be a viable option for most.

http://web.mit.edu/berinsky/www/files/rumor.pdf

Most people believe political rumours, and those rumours tend to gain momentum the more people try to correct them, unless the correction comes from the other side of the house.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0123507

Alas, it would seem that just 1.5% of politicians are happy to back 'opposition' bills, so I wouldn't hold out much hope in myths being corrected.

A view into our political future provided by those noted right wing think tanks MIT and Penn State :coffee:

Yeah. He's just jealous I guess.

What have the labour party done in opposition? Not a lot. When they've been the shadows to the likes of ids, may & hunt and most of what they've done is vote with them......... They've voted alongside the coalition on several of the welfare changes that have impacted the poorest in society, and have said they're gonna be as tough as them on welfare if they get in - which will mean more kids going out as free labour for the the big corporates. Something that as he correctly states - won't affect the likes of brand or a lot of the middle classes.

A topic that I've never heard brand go on about. Or is it 'snide' to say that?

I don't care about Russell Brand - but he's explained his position. Whereas you're saying that someone who advocates a "Class War" is spot on.

And yes, I'd actually say there is an element of jealousy in that article. It comes across as a nobody annoyed at somebody changing their mind on something, because they themselves haven't got a flexible identity beyond "LOLZ I HATES THE GUMMINT INNIT?"

Quality organisation by Scottish UKIP

CEO1nnyWYAA7o4q.jpg

I don't care about Russell Brand - but he's explained his position. Whereas you're saying that someone who advocates a "Class War" is spot on.

And yes, I'd actually say there is an element of jealousy in that article. It comes across as a nobody annoyed at somebody changing their mind on something, because they themselves haven't got a flexible identity beyond "LOLZ I HATES THE GUMMINT INNIT?"

The irony. That Brand could be anywhere's near as eloquent & in depth as the exact person you're criticizing & describing as 'jealous'.

But hey! Those 10m twitterer followers mean he's got clout as well as nous, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back