The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony. That Brand could be anywhere's near as eloquent & in depth as the exact person you're criticizing & describing as 'jealous'.

But hey! Those 10m twitterer followers mean he's got clout as well as nous, eh?

Erm...

That is what a vote for Labour means. Consent for the bastards to carry on as usual.

They are all [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] and only in it for themselves.

Never trust a hippy, especially a rich one.

To send a real message vote for Class War, by the brick or the ballot.

Yes. Eloquent. Indeed.

......just looked on Oddschecker and it's a done deal as far as winning most seats is concerned, the Tory's are 1-5 and Labour 4-1. Con/Lib coalition is favourite to form the next Government but that betting is not as cut and dried.

......just looked on Oddschecker and it's a done deal as far as winning most seats is concerned, the Tory's are 1-5 and Labour 4-1. Con/Lib coalition is favourite to form the next Government but that betting is not as cut and dried.

I can't get my head round this. The LDs are going to be decimated this time round because they jumped into bed with the Tories last time around. Why would they make the same mistake twice? The party is a mess. Half the MPs don't want to go down this route. The grass roots party members almost certainly don't want it.

Clegg is obviously in it for himself but he's going to have a difficult job influencing anything with the numbers he's contributing.

Not sure why Clegg doesn't defect rather than take down the party from the inside.

I can't get my head round this. The LDs are going to be decimated this time round because they jumped into bed with the Tories last time around. Why would they make the same mistake twice? The party is a mess. Half the MPs don't want to go down this route. The grass roots party members almost certainly don't want it.

Clegg is obviously in it for himself but he's going to have a difficult job influencing anything with the numbers he's contributing.

Not sure why Clegg doesn't defect rather than take down the party from the inside.

....perhaps there is an obligation on them to work with the party with most seats. Also, I don't think they have hidden the fact that they want to be part of a coalition, regardless of colour. They might be in a mess but they are drunk on the power of being in office despite being a minority party.

I honestly think any LD supporter/member who would jump ship due to them jumping into bed with the Tories would have done so already. The ones remaining will accept the party selling their 'values' in an exchange for some power or relevance.

Erm...

That is what a vote for Labour means. Consent for the bastards to carry on as usual.[1]

They are all [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] and only in it for themselves.[2]

Never trust a hippy, especially a rich one.[3]

To send a real message vote for Class War, by the brick or the ballot.[4]

Yes. Eloquent. Indeed.

[1] Yeah, and? Haven't the labour party done a smashing job in opposition? especially when you think what they've been up against.

[2] Strange choice, considering that's what brand's been harping on about for a loooong time before his damascene moment: "Don't vote kids; they're all the same - oh, hang on - DO vote.....For labour....even though the labour party aren't any better than the tories, vote for them 'cos I spoke to Ed, innit? Don't matter if they wanna force you to work for sod-all just like them tories though, innit?

[3] Oft-quoted is "never trust a hippy." Why should people trust brand when even he doesn't know what he stands for? Clown's head's so far up his own 'arris he can't find the light switch.

[4] The way things are going, the poor & downtrodden may have to resort to the brick to get them in the ruling classes to take real notice.

Eloquence & in-depth anaylsis from brand, indeed......But innit? My booky-wook 'n' all that palaver innit - LOLZ?

He has done enormous damage in the past few months by urging his impressionable teenage fan club NOT to vote.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is simply not true. Russell Brand has ever urged his supporters not to vote. He was quoted saying he has "never voted and never will". That's hardly urging your fans not to vote.

[1] Yeah, and? Haven't the labour party done a smashing job in opposition? especially when you think what they've been up against.

[2] Strange choice, considering that's what brand's been harping on about for a loooong time before his damascene moment: "Don't vote kids; they're all the same - oh, hang on - DO vote.....For labour....even though the labour party aren't any better than the tories, vote for them 'cos I spoke to Ed, innit? Don't matter if they wanna force you to work for sod-all just like them tories though, innit?

[3] Oft-quoted is "never trust a hippy." Why should people trust brand when even he doesn't know what he stands for? Clown's head's so far up his own 'arris he can't find the light switch.

[4] The way things are going, the poor & downtrodden may have to resort to the brick to get them in the ruling classes to take real notice.

Eloquence & in-depth anaylsis from brand, indeed......But innit? My booky-wook 'n' all that palaver innit?
Not saying he should be taken at his word, but don't feel comfortable with the way he is sneered at for taking an interest, he also handles himself very well when interviewed

'Any coalition involving the LDs' is the favourite bet mate, just ahead of a minority Labour Government, followed by a CON/LD coalition.

Sounds about right given that the polls have the LDs gaining ground. They may or may not be king makers...and even if they lump in with either of the major parties it may not get them over the line.

I'm surprised there are people jumping at the coalition betting because I dont even think (unless the Tory seats + LD seats gets across the 323 finishing line) there will be a coalition of any description.

I've enjoyed many of your posts, but you can't believe this? That would play right into the hands of the powerful and give them more of a reason to keep the downtrodden exactly that.

Eloquence & in-depth anaylsis from brand, indeed......But innit? My booky-wook 'n' all that palaver innit - LOLZ?

I'm not a big Brand fan but I do think you are giving him a rather hard time for engaging in the election. Surely this is a good thing? This is a man who famously claimed never to have voted being convinced and admitting he was wrong. I like that.

That Derek McGovern the smart arsed kopite was on the radio before telling punters to pile in on a Lab SNP coalition. He was staggered the odds were so big - now then this is either one of two things

1) He has no clue about politics and fails to grasp that any Lab SNP pact would never be an official coalition

2) He is misleading punters on purpose

I'd like to think it is number 1 but either way if it is a Lab/SNP deal there will be some pretty angry gamblers who have failed to read the smallprint. Labour minority will be what it is classed as.

That Derek McGovern the smart arsed kopite was on the radio before telling punters to pile in on a Lab SNP coalition. He was staggered the odds were so big - now then this is either one of two things

1) He has no clue about politics and fails to grasp that any Lab SNP pact would never be an official coalition

I'd like to think it is number 1 but either way if it is a Lab/SNP deal there will be some pretty angry gamblers who have failed to read the smallprint. Labour minority will be what it is classed as.
he is a total [Poor language removed] take no notice to him

.....considered this myself a month or so ago when it was 16-1, since then Milliband has said this is not an option. If Labour govern I reckon it is likely to be with SNP support rather than a formal coalition.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is simply not true. Russell Brand has ever urged his supporters not to vote. He was quoted saying he has "never voted and never will". That's hardly urging your fans not to vote.

Got the t-shirt?!

th

All of a sudden, the labour party (With their record on voting WITH the Govt on all sorts of unfair draconian welfare measures, and going so far as to state they will be even tougher on the unemployed than the tories should they get control) have lifted the veil?

As a matter of fact, I DO believe that people (When pushed & with very little left to lose - and people are becoming more desperate by the day) WILL resort to more desperate measures. Why do you think boris bought the water cannon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back