The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfectly acceptable whilst giving tax breaks to the wealthy and the mega corporations. Just ask the usual suspects on here.

What I don't get is this - if you cut a bit of money off the rich, all they get is a bit of a bloody nose and carry on life as usual.

Yet if you cut even a bit of money off the poor, you get severe hardship and often people just outright killing themselves out of hopelessness.

Yet the lack of compassion from the coalition towards this section of society, focussing clearly and disproportionately in cutting help for the poor, whilst adopting a total "let them off scot free" attitude towards the rich just absolutely baffles me.

For the Tories to say they're cutting a further £12bn and not even have the decency to admit where the hell the axe will fall is just disgusting to me. I can't imagine how anyone with a social conscience can vote for them - I actually agree with quite a few Tory economic policies, but when it comes to how they're going to deal with the deficit by effectively throwing anyone poor under a bus and laughing at them, just makes me want to vomit.

For the person earlier in the thread who couldn't get why lefties think of the right as "evil", it's because of this - the humanitarian cost. Yeah, the left may have similar vendettas against the rich at times, but come on, what's the worst that will come of that when set against the Thatcher Lite coalition policies?

This has just been unearthed from ITN

A young Ed Miliband leading a rent strike whilst at Oxford Uni. Worth point out at around the same time in his life David Cameron was setting fire to £50 notes in front of the poor with his Bullingdon Club friends.

Like I've been saying Ed may be a little odd but he believes in a fairer society, he isn't a career politican. His views were shaped a long time ago through life experiences. The reason he has come into his own this election is simple - he has been his (genuine) self.

http://t.co/9TJUMDsnz3

If he's not a career politician, what is his career, plumber, electrician, solicitor, doctor, military officer, what ?

Penultimate ComRes: Con 35%, Lab 32%, LD 9%, UKIP 14%, Green 4%

Nothing new, really.

Still don't think UKIP will get 14% on polling day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back