The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is this - if you cut a bit of money off the rich, all they get is a bit of a bloody nose and carry on life as usual.

Agree - I earn more than I spend so 5% extra tax just means one of two things (i) less disposable income or (ii) I work a little harder to make good the short fall.

Guess the right answer (i) or (ii) ?

No mate, you sack the lowest paid ones at the bottom of the company.........

Actually you do neither, you just work a little harder and a little smarter.

Those that earn a lot of money are sufficiently motivated to overcome any rise in taxes.

Just heard Ed The Balls going on about a balanced economy, regulation, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, he really is a pillock.......For Christs sake lads you may not like Osbourne but you have to admit he's head and shoulders above Balls........

Even under that forecast (and Electoral Forecast weight against the LP) the centre-right/extreme right bloc doesn't get them the numbers for a win. Tory+LD+DUP = 316. The Centre-left bloc can make the maths work though: LP+SNP+SDLP+Plaid+Green = 326.

Still all on a knife edge and can go either way between that scenario above and one where either the Tories or LDs perform better than Electoral Forecast suggest and drag a few more seats out and that bloc they head over the line.

Just heard Ed The Balls going on about a balanced economy, regulation, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, he really is a pillock.......For Christs sake lads you may not like Osbourne but you have to admit he's head and shoulders above Balls........

If you get turned on by someone who can only balance the books (which he isn't doing btw) by cutting benefits to the weakest in society, then yeah I guess he is.

Actually you do neither, you just work a little harder and a little smarter.

Those that earn a lot of money are sufficiently motivated to overcome any rise in taxes.

For personal taxation for a privately owned Ltd company then fair enough, you may get a few moans but life goes on. For personal taxation or company taxation for a large Plc it's a very different kettle of fish.........

What's he done to be head and shoulders above anyone? Crashed the economy into recession after being handed one with 3 successive quarters of growth before taking his foot off the accelerator just short of the car going over the cliff?

Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back