The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had their chance. They blew it. Leaving the union would have a real impact on the rest of the UK, I don't see why they deserve any more chances to break up this country.

That's not to say I wasn't actually rooting for YES at the time, though. I was looking forward to seeing them completely flounder within a year.

Rarely ends well if one partner tries to deny the other a divorce.

No, that's what they told you to think, Pete. The reality will be far from that image. Unless SNP would rather allow the Tories back in through not voting with Labour and risk every one of their Scottish seats?

You really don't understand the SNP do you.......they will say and do anything to get into power. They will be happy with a minority government of any colour. If red, then they turn the screw on Miliband to give them what they want, if blue, they pick fights 'against the English' to bolster their Scottish support and find an excuse to have another Indy ref.They know what they want and don't really care how they get it.........

So looks like the fate of British government will be decided by a bunch of Scots who want nothing to do with British government.

tumblr_mehnylZOJ71qcv9vp.gif

Correct........

That is pretty pathetic. I won't be voting Labour (surprisingly), but you'd certainly like to think people could come to their decision on more rational grounds than how someone eats a sandwich.

Yeah, but who reads it anyway. The 'journalism' is perfectly aimed at its target customer............

You can't get round Tescos without bumping in to small huddled groups of people talking in hushed tones about the crisis of legitimacy.

Talking of which, if the Tories and Lib Dems end up with a total of three or four seats combined in Scotland and Wales, how would they be a legitimate U K government?

You can't get round Tescos without bumping in to small huddled groups of people talking in hushed tones about the crisis of legitimacy.

Talking of which, if the Tories and Lib Dems end up with a total of three or four seats combined in Scotland and Wales, how would they be a legitimate U K government?

Does seem an increasingly fractured landscape. Tories are south England, Labour north, Plaid are taking Wales, DUP Ireland and SNP Scotland, with LibDems, UKIP and Greens fitted into bits here and there.

So looks like the fate of British government will be decided by a bunch of Scots who want nothing to do with British government.

tumblr_mehnylZOJ71qcv9vp.gif
Correct........
Incorrect. Citizens of all countries which make up the UK have the right to vote and we have a democratic process that allows everyone to cast their votes for whoever they feel represents them best. We all know this at the start of the process. The fate of the British government is decided by the electorate. Stop trying to illegitimise (not sure if that's a word) the democratic process we have.

Last edited:
Incorrect. Citizens of all countries which make up the UK have the right to vote and we have a democratic process that allows everyone to cast their votes for whoever they feel represents them best. We all know this at the start of the process. The fate of the British government is decided by the electorate. Stop trying to illigitimise (not sure if that's a word) the democratic process we have.

Illegitimise?? That's bothering me now!!

And of course, you are right. The hypocrisy of the right telling us the SNP want to break us up, is that this is breaking up relations between the Scots and the English.

Illegitimise?? That's bothering me now!!

And of course, you are right. The hypocrisy of the right telling us the SNP want to break us up, is that this is breaking up relations between the Scots and the English.

Its a calculated tactic no doubt. The Tories would love to see a break up and be able to blame anyone but themselves for causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back