The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So looks like the fate of British government will be decided by a bunch of Scots who want nothing to do with British government.

Well, for the last 5 years we've had a Tory government solely in power due to being propped up by a minority 3rd party that had one fifth the number of seats that Labour has, making major policy decisions that nobody voted for.

So its' kind of hard to be that upset about Scots wanting a voice.

So looks like the fate of British government will be decided by a bunch of Scots who want nothing to do with British government.

tumblr_mehnylZOJ71qcv9vp.gif
Nothing new Merseyside has been ruled by a goverment in Westminster that we want nothing to do with as well , scots are just lucky they can do something about it

Well, for the last 5 years we've had a Tory government solely in power due to being propped up by a minority 3rd party that had one fifth the number of seats that Labour has, making major policy decisions that nobody voted for.

So its' kind of hard to be that upset about Scots wanting a voice.

Everybody wants a voice. Just amazed that it looks like the Scots are actually going to pull it off.

Everybody wants a voice. Just amazed that it looks like the Scots are actually going to pull it off.

You really shouldn't be, not after how close the Scottish referendum was last year.
The NO's won, but 45% still voted to split from the union. That's a pretty sizeable group. They'll get their own way eventually.

And really, why shouldn't they? Countries should govern themselves, IMO.

If it was Wales or Northern Ireland that wanted to leave the union, nobody would be arsed.
People (as in, government/big business) are only arsed about Scotland leaving because of the oil and natural resources they have that we use and rely on.

You really shouldn't be, not after how close the Scottish referendum was last year.
The NO's won, but 45% still voted to split from the union. That's a pretty sizeable group. They'll get their own way eventually.

If it was Wales or Northern Ireland that wanted to leave the union, nobody would be arsed.
People (as in, government/big business) are only arsed about Scotland leaving because of the oil and natural resources they have that we use and rely on.

As a complete outsider, I agree. It's nice how the EU gives many of these smaller nations a way to split off and take care of their own interests while not being completely isolated. There are times where I wonder if the US would be better off splitting up.

Part of the EU. Govern your own country. Pick one.

Good morning to all of my brothers and sisters in arms.

As you fret over tomorrow's challenge, just remember:

Capture.webp
Anything's possible. Weirder s$#@ has happened. Earlier this week, even.

They had their chance. They blew it. Leaving the union would have a real impact on the rest of the UK, I don't see why they deserve any more chances to break up this country.

That's not to say I wasn't actually rooting for YES at the time, though. I was looking forward to seeing them completely flounder within a year.

They had their chance. They blew it. Leaving the union would have a real impact on the rest of the UK, I don't see why they deserve any more chances to break up this country.

That's not to say I wasn't actually rooting for YES at the time, though. I was looking forward to seeing them completely flounder within a year.
Do you feel the same way about Britain leaving the EU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back