The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
51d46296-a9ca-44e0-ae91-d163b750f513-bestSizeAvailable.jpeg

ICM poll for the Guardian puts the Conservatives and Labour both on 35%. The previous ICM poll gave the Conservatives a three-point lead over Labour. UKIP was down 2 points at 11% and the Lib Dems were unchanged at 9%.

This could be the closest election in a long long time.

if the right media wanted to they could crush the tories, i wonder why they aren't?

I mean they have significant backings for labour, they have russell brand, steven hawking, the mirror had quotes from major critisising his own party. and the nearest tory tabloid cant even mock up a decent headline to get you to vote for them the day before election day.

Shame ther hasnt been much more of a full on anti tory campaign because it would crush them
Labour are going to regulate the press if they get in, and stop some of the stuff the likes of Murdoch has been pulling this campaign, that's what it's all about, Murdoch wants the Tories in for his own gain, nothing more.

....ok, Matey, what is your predicted outcome? Not what you want to happen but what you expect to happen.

My predicted outcome is Tories largest number of seats, no more than 275. Labour within 10 of that figure. SNP 50 seats. LDs 25

Dave will hang around for a little while claiming legitimacy on the basis of largest number of seats (a false premise) before realising he cannot get the confidence of the House. Ed to present a Queens speech.

My predicted outcome is Tories largest number of seats, no more than 275. Labour within 10 of that figure. SNP 50 seats. LDs 25

Dave will hang around for a little while claiming legitimacy on the basis of largest number of seats (a false premise) before realising he cannot get the confidence of the House. Ed to present a Queens speech.

Tories 302, LD's 27......the rest nowhere........

Apparently Vince Cable has today been asked why he had allowed "a myth to be perpetuated" that the Labour government was responsible for the financial crash.

His response was that it was "not true" that the Labour government ran up a large deficit before the financial crisis.

He said: "I think this very simple view that the Conservatives perpetuate that the last government went in to the banking crisis with a very large deficit simply was not true."

From the mouth of the Business Secretary folks.
And what price they'll jump straight into bed with the Tories given half a chance this time round and start signing from the same Hymn sheet again.

Only thing this time is the seats they bring will be vastly reduced, they've reaped what they sowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back