The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The genuine feeling, today with anyone I heard or talked to about it at work, on the buses, neighbours, fb etc. is that basically the aim tomorrow is to vote anything but tory. Labour/SNP ... In 24 hours thats what we will be talking about.

The genuine feeling, today with anyone I heard or talked to about it at work, on the buses, neighbours, fb etc. is that basically the aim tomorrow is to vote anything but tory. Labour/SNP ... In 24 hours thats what we will be talking about.

Do you by any chance live in a safe Labour seat. And the people you spoke to in the safe Labour seat area wanted Labour?

This is the public service announcement I normally use with my Yank friends who think "nobody represents me so I just won't vote" localized (localised?) for you lot.

1. IF YOU THINK "Both sides are bad" THEN THEY HAVE WON. WHO'S THEY? THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT YOU TO VOTE, BECAUSE THEY'D MUCH RATHER YOU STAY AT HOME SO THEY CAN DISMANTLE INSTITUTIONS YOU USE AND LOVE FOR THEIR BENEFIT.

2. YOU WILL NOT GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT. VOTING IS NO DIFFERENT THAN LIFE.

3. THAT BEING SAID, THE PEOPLE WHO DO GET WHAT THEY WANT IN LIFE GRIND FOR IT EVERY. F%$@#'. DAY. TOMORROW? PART OF THAT GRIND. LOCAL ELECTIONS IN A FEW YEARS? ANOTHER PART. EUROPEAN ELECTIONS? YEP, THAT TOO.

3. NO MATTER YOUR RESERVATIONS, ONE OF YOUR CHOICES TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER FOR YOU THAN THE OTHER. THINK HARD ABOUT WHICH ONE THAT IS. SUCCESS TAKES TIME. TOMORROW, YOUR JOB IS NOT TO CHANGE THE WORLD IN AN INSTANT, IT'S TO MOVE THE NEEDLE TO MAKE YOUR COUNTRY A BETTER PLACE FOR THOSE YET TO COME.

Because, comrades, Rome wasn't built in a day, and the best things in life are worth fighting for.

GO GET 'EM.

I'm registered to vote in both Liverpool and Knowsley somehow. Conservative policies would benefit me, but what's the point when these 2 constituencies are labour strongholds. I'd feel dirty if I ever
Voted Tory too.

Will be up in a several hours to cast my ballot for the incumbent, Luciana Berger MP, Labour candidate for Liverpool Wavertree.

Although she would get by just fine without my vote, I feel it is a small endorsement for a Labour government and my vote will add a shred more legitimacy in the event.

Considered voting in my other constituency, Southport, for Labour candidate Liz Savage. She has been very impressive.

But that would involve trekking.

Wrote the Greens off just a short while ago, but I hope Lucas keeps her seat darn sarf.

Get out there comrades!

A part of the British psyche has been shaped to wallow in the misfortune of others, they love a scapegoat. Having someone less fortunate gives a sense of standing in the community and plays to the love of the perpetual class system so entrenched in these isles. Time to consider rather than condemn others and vote selflessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back