The 2024 AFL Season Thread

The Hawks have certainly had some big wins over the last month or so. Just a shame we let the game slip against GWS.

Footscray are going to be hard to beat in the Elimination final, they are also a form team ATM. I think the Blues will find it hard going up in Brisbane. The challenge for your boys is the injury list. Anything is possible though.

Very happy Essendon & Collingwood didn't make the 8 - apologies @Sinski

At least Hawthorn is providing a diversion to the EPL - Everton what a mess.
Thats quite fine and expected as a Collingwood supporter. I was full on the Freo bandwagon on Sunday night hoping to see the blues join us.

I think its a shame that the Hawks and Dogs are against each other. Would have been good to see how far each of them can go since their form leading into the finals is as good as anyone.

Thats quite fine and expected as a Collingwood supporter. I was full on the Freo bandwagon on Sunday night hoping to see the blues join us.

I think its a shame that the Hawks and Dogs are against each other. Would have been good to see how far each of them can go since their form leading into the finals is as good as anyone.
Hmm we've only won twice since the end of June, lost twice to Collingwood and still beat you to a place in the finals on scoring percentage.:lol:

We got lucky but i'll gladly accept it. I think we're well capable of beating the Lions if we get enough of our injured players back.

Will you be going to the Gabba to cheer for the Lions?

Hmm we've only won twice since the end of June, lost twice to Collingwood and still beat you to a place in the finals on scoring percentage.:lol:

We got lucky but i'll gladly accept it. I think we're well capable of beating the Lions if we get enough of our injured players back.

Will you be going to the Gabba to cheer for the Lions?
Nah. Got better things to be doing with my time.

No footy this weekend.

To keep the chitchat going, I was wondering, when did you come to support your team & why that particular team.

I have noticed that Carlton seem to have a healthy contingency of Evertonians.

When my parents emigrated from Liverpool to Aus, my dad & eldest brother took a shine to Hawthorn. This was in the days of "Kennedys Commandoes" - Leigh Matthews, Don Scott, David parkin, etc. I followed suit at the age of 9. Hit the jackpot - witnessed 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 premierships :celebrate:

No footy this weekend.

To keep the chitchat going, I was wondering, when did you come to support your team & why that particular team.

I have noticed that Carlton seem to have a healthy contingency of Evertonians.

When my parents emigrated from Liverpool to Aus, my dad & eldest brother took a shine to Hawthorn. This was in the days of "Kennedys Commandoes" - Leigh Matthews, Don Scott, David parkin, etc. I followed suit at the age of 9. Hit the jackpot - witnessed 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 premierships :celebrate:
Well i love the Carlton colours and the club song. They strike me as the AFL version of Everton seeing that we last saw success in 1995 as well!

I'm actually hopeful enough we'll get the job done up at the Gabba tomorrow. Great win for the Hawks btw! You really have exceeded all expectations this year i think.

My god considering that we were sixty to zero points down early in the second quarter we did well to keep the losing margin down to under thirty points in the end!

Oh well injuries crushed our year! Changes need to be made to the assistant coaches, but we should give Vossy at least another year imo.

Oh well our wait for success enters it's thirtieth year now but congrats to the Brisbane Lions on the win.

My god considering that we were sixty to zero points down early in the second quarter we did well to keep the losing margin down to under thirty points in the end!

Oh well injuries crushed our year! Changes need to be made to the assistant coaches, but we should give Vossy at least another year imo.

Oh well our wait for success enters it's thirtieth year now but congrats to the Brisbane Lions on the win.
The missus was watching TV so I didn't see the match. I checked my phone just before half time, couldn't believe it was 53 - 0. At least Carlton gained respectability in the second half.

As for Hawthorn vs Footscray, the score flattered Footscray. I actually thought they would win & was surprised how dominant we were. I fancy us against Port. Unless Port get to the big one, some serious questions need to be addressed regarding Ken Hinkley.

My tip for the GF - Cats vs Swans - Cats premiership 🤮
It makes me ill thinking about it.

The missus was watching TV so I didn't see the match. I checked my phone just before half time, couldn't believe it was 53 - 0. At least Carlton gained respectability in the second half.

As for Hawthorn vs Footscray, the score flattered Footscray. I actually thought they would win & was surprised how dominant we were. I fancy us against Port. Unless Port get to the big one, some serious questions need to be addressed regarding Ken Hinkley.

My tip for the GF - Cats vs Swans - Cats premiership 🤮
It makes me ill thinking about it.
Might have to jump on the Hawks bandwagon. Mum was a Hawks supporter so makes sense. If they can maintain the rage they should beat Port. The way the Hawks played on the weekend was excellent finals footy. They were all over the dogs like a rash and never gave them any space.

Might have to jump on the Hawks bandwagon. Mum was a Hawks supporter so makes sense. If they can maintain the rage they should beat Port. The way the Hawks played on the weekend was excellent finals footy. They were all over the dogs like a rash and never gave them any space.
You were a very bad son not listening to your Mum! 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back