The Abuse of Heitinga on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The medium of abuse is not the issue, it's the idea that by taking part in a social platform of any kind that you somehow have to hold some responsibility for getting vile abuse.

Women shouldn't take any blame for being a victim of rape if they dress like a s**t, and football players shouldn't take blame for being victims of disgusting abuse just because they signed up for a Twitter account.
Why are you comparing this to rape? It's entirely different!
I just think it would be very naive of them if they think it won't happen.

Why are you comparing this to rape? It's entirely different!
I just think it would be very naive of them if they think it won't happen.

Again mate it's not about it being rape or abuse or murder, it's the fact that you're placing some of the blame on the victim who has actually done nothing wrong. Twitter is a way to communicate with people, signing up to it does not give others the right to talk to you like garbage, and it doesn't mean you're to blame if you get treated that way.

If your child or future child was getting vile abuse on Twitter from people would you say some of it is her fault for being on there ? Course not.

It's unforgivable really. The fans had the whole of last month to hound Heitinga out of the club, but waited until the window shut before berating him.

For shame.

Its not just abusing our players on twitter, Its giving tim howard abuse, booing when Mirallas and Heitinga went off.

Greatest fans in the world??? ya having a laugh!
Most totally overeact when things aren't going our way, a bit like crying spoilt children. Only now with social networks and the internet thier views are seen by a much bigger audience than it would have before but people are entitled to thier oppinion i suppose so thier isn't much we can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back