The Abuse of Heitinga on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. Just came on here and looked at the last page. We're on to rape now?

SHUT UP EVERYONE.

You're all chatting unadulterated ****e. And that's coming from me.

Nonsense. I have a Twitter account but it doesn't give people the right to abuse me via it. What next? If he goes shopping at the local Tesco is he putting himself out there for abuse?

Twitter should be a fantastic mechanism for fans to reconnect with the players we so admire, after the riches of the PL era has largely driven a gap between them and us. Lets not be complete bell-ends and ruin that.

Apart from being Batman... Are you a high profile sports player/actor/etc?

No. But you've put yourself out there to connect with people you don't know. If they don't like you or what you've done, they'll give you abuse because there's no consequences over a screen.

In context to a footballer, how is it different giving abuse at the match to on twitter? You could be saying the same thing to the same player its just a different medium.

Like I say. No, you shouldn't do. Don't condone it.

But if you're opening yourself to the public you know it's not going to be all peaches and cream. You take the good with the bad.

If you don't like it. Don't put yourself out there.

Just because you have a twitter account doesnt mean people have a right to abuse you.

How ridiculous. I privatise mine to prevent abuse/ weirdos but just because someone chooses not to so they can be retweeted etc, doesnt give anyone the right to abuse anyone.

Apart from being Batman... Are you a high profile sports player/actor/etc?

No. But you've put yourself out there to connect with people you don't know. If they don't like you or what you've done, they'll give you abuse because there's no consequences over a screen.

In context to a footballer, how is it different giving abuse at the match to on twitter? You could be saying the same thing to the same player its just a different medium.

Like I say. No, you shouldn't do. Don't condone it.

But if you're opening yourself to the public you know it's not going to be all peaches and cream. You take the good with the bad.

If you don't like it. Don't put yourself out there.

Astonishing amount of pure nonsense right there.

Just because you have a twitter account doesnt mean people have a right to abuse you.

How ridiculous. I privatise mine to prevent abuse/ weirdos but just because someone chooses not to so they can be retweeted etc, doesnt give anyone the right to abuse anyone.

^ LOL

That doesn't justify it, and there's no way a player should be forced to remove himself from a public forum because some people are absolute s***houses.

If it affects him, then he steps back. If it doesn't, then he carries on.

Why do pop stars have bodyguards, footballers aren't showing their faces all the time, actors have security in a public arena? Because the public are bell ends and they protect themselves from the public.

You open yourself to the public. Expect abuse. Also expect praise. Two sided coin.

Of course they don't have the right. But you cant stop it and if your a high profile personality, it's going to happen so expect it.

The world isn't full of puppies and rainbows everyday. It's full off tits. Expect it and take the rough with the smooth

I hope you're just talking about the grammar and not the content mucko.

Nah, very much the content mate.

It's like saying that because Heitinga is a celebrity, if I see him in the supermarket I can throw a rock at him, because he should know better than to go into a supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back