The Abuse of Heitinga on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see the look on Sylvain's face when Johnny mucked up on Wednesday? But to do it THREE times in one game sets some sort of precedent. Now I admit I wouldn't do any better but I'm not a pro footballer. Perhaps he was off the pace through carrying an injury? Surely he can't have become so incompetent overnight?

I realise at times his defending has been suspect but his positional sense has (usually) got him out of it. He's a sweeper by nature not a great man marker and certainly not great in the air or when called upon to play further up the field.

Or dare I suggest he was throwing a Lescott?

If you watch that first goal today you can see Heitinga does everything right with Benteke: gets over to him quickly and forces him wide away from goal. He was just obliterated for pace by a beast of a player on fire atm. That's not to excuse JH (he's been poor), but just underlines that point you make.

get him out and take jelly with him too many players not willing to take the fight for top 4 by the scruff of the neck same old crap against poor poor teams.

was it only me and Moyes who thought Mirallas was not having a good day today? i thought Moyes was right to take him off.

good decision for me aswell. Didnt think he had a bad game overall !! he was lively in parts but for me
seemed to have drifted out the game at that point which is understandable due to lack of games of late.

good decision for me aswell. Didnt think he had a bad game overall !! he was lively in parts but for me
seemed to have drifted out the game at that point which is understandable due to lack of games of late.

Exactly. He's only just come back and Villa were kicking chunks out of our entire squad. Better to ease him back in and take him off rather than run the risk of him getting re-injured by doing a full 90

Nah, very much the content mate.

It's like saying that because Heitinga is a celebrity, if I see him in the supermarket I can throw a rock at him, because he should know better than to go into a supermarket.

If he chose to go into a supermarket that was renowned for people throwing rocks at celebrities then he would really only have himself to blame.

If you watch that first goal today you can see Heitinga does everything right with Benteke: gets over to him quickly and forces him wide away from goal. He was just obliterated for pace by a beast of a player on fire atm. That's not to excuse JH (he's been poor), but just underlines that point you make.
Just watched it again on MOD.Bentekes pace turned him and any challenge would have been a pen and possble red.Like a lot of defenders he's not good facing his own goal.I really think if he plays against Man U he'll be more effective.

The people who are saying he shouldn't be on there, please get a grip.

It's one thing people criticising his performance, even directed at his account - he's got to expect a bit of that, and i'm sure he knows better than anyone that he was poor today. There's not really any problem with that. But some of the personal, vindictive, offensive abuse he's been getting is a joke. Absolutely no need for that.

If you are reading this and you have abused Johnny on twitter then maybe you should consider supporting another club because you are not fit to call yourself an Evertonian,

Personal abuse is disgraceful IMO.

Calling him a useless, slow, weak, sh*t house jarg hard man is fair, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back