The Accounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't we operated a pretty open book policy with the PL for quite some time now? There seems to have been a lot of back and forth in regards to what is required to avoid sanctions.

Some other clubs have been secretive and attempted to deceive, Everton have seemingly realised there's a mess and worked with the PL to fix it. Of course there's a lot of maximising the impact of Covid & the ground move to create more wriggle room but it seems to have been done in the open with full understanding from both sides in terms of what is required and allowable.
Like the EFL the league authorities have reports sent in from member clubs on a regular basis including quite a detailed report at the beginning of the season so the league will have been well aware of what was brewing but what most seem to be missing is the current accounting year has around 3 months left to run and unless something major has happened then the current years trading is almost certain to reveal another significant loss

Like the EFL the league authorities have reports sent in from member clubs on a regular basis including quite a detailed report at the beginning of the season so the league will have been well aware of what was brewing but what most seem to be missing is the current accounting year has around 3 months left to run and unless something major has happened then the current years trading is almost certain to reveal another significant loss

Good point. Lets hope the dialogue is continuing. Crowds back is one good thing, and I assume significant BMD spending will be included.

I am a Management Accountant with 30 years experience:

1. I can't bear to read our accounts - year after year - as the board seem to be living in a fantasy world whereby we will suddenly find oil in Bramley Dock or underneath the Main Stand or (football equivalent) find a Ronaldo or an Erling Haaland (we will sell for, well, a lot more than £25M)

2. We spend too much, we buy too many (expensive) players, usually the wrong ones (often injured) and put them on expensive long term contracts.

3. We earn too little

4. We fail to correct previous mistakes

But we did escape punishment for the last three years mess. So they'd better not repeat the mess in Year 4.

1. I can't bear to read our accounts - year after year - as the board seem to be living in a fantasy world whereby we will suddenly find oil in Bramley Dock or underneath the Main Stand or (football equivalent) find a Ronaldo or an Erling Haaland (we will sell for, well, a lot more than £25M)

2. We spend too much, we buy too many (expensive) players, usually the wrong ones (often injured) and put them on expensive long term contracts.

3. We earn too little

4. We fail to correct previous mistakes

But we did escape punishment for the last three years mess. So they'd better not repeat the mess in Year 4.
I was expecting a real in depth reasoning to our accounts then when I read your title not something we all know ?

I wonder where Erling Haaland would be now if we hadn't rejected him when he came for a trial?

Probably running down his final year whilst on an unsuccessful loan at Fleetwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.