The bending of PSR rules

If everyone hadn't taken the absolute piss out of us last season along with points deductions, I'd agree mate.

But we had gobshites singing "you cheating b******s you know what you've done", article upon article in the media, little sly digs here and there.

So yes, I can be very bothered to watch every other horrible little rat club hopefully get their own unfair punishment and I hope it eats their clubs from the inside out too.
Yup.

The main grievance last season was not that we were punished. It was the disproportionate nature of the punishment and the sense that we were being made an example of while clubs who had bought titles were going to be treated either more leniently, with respect, or not treated at all.

All kinds of reasons were trotted out why we were guilty and should suck up our punishment - even by our own. Yet, "that's different" was effectively used to legitimise the inaction against City. Selling hotels to avoid PSR transgressions was also fobbed off as "creative" thinking.

Nah. I hope the others get trampled on. Because until others do - and I'm talking members of the Sky Super League Six - then we have been made scapegoats of. Nottingham Forest were out of whack to the tune of double what we were, yet got half of our punishment. Anyone thinking we got "what we deserved" is clearly a self-loathing masochist.

Yup.

The main grievance last season was not that we were punished. It was the disroportionate nature of the punishement and the sense that we were being made an example of while clubs who had bought titles were going to be treated either more leniently, with respect, or not treated at all.

All kinds of reasons were trotted out why we were guilty and should suck up our punishment - even by our own. Yet, "that's different" was effectively used to legitimise the inaction against City. Selling hotels to avoid PSR transgressions was also fobbed off as "creative" thinking.

Nah. I hope the others get trampled on. Because until others do - and I'm talking members of the Sky Super League Six - then we have been made scapegoats of. Nottingham Forest were out of whack to the tune of double what we were, yet got half of our punishment. Anyone thinking we got "what we deserved" is clearly a self-loathing masochist.

Spot on mate.

If everyone hadn't taken the absolute piss out of us last season along with points deductions, I'd agree mate.

But we had gobshites singing "you cheating b******s you know what you've done", article upon article in the media, little sly digs here and there.

So yes, I can be very bothered to watch every other horrible little rat club hopefully get their own unfair punishment and I hope it eats their clubs from the inside out too.
Well said sir , absolutely spot on.

Last season was the chance for those outside the sly 6 to band together and call out the blatant favouritism and corruption of the PL . Instead the clubs , and fans , despite knowing that many of them were at least pushing the envelope or in cases like forest even Leicester were over the line they chose to demonise us and those in the prem sang their ‘cheating b*******” song .

There was a time for unity and a time for working together, for me that ship has sailed . With exceptions one of which is notably Villa whose fans were full square behind us .

Leicester are expected to argue that the losses from the 2022-23 season were a result of mitigating circumstances, such as an unforeseen relegation, the “unplanned expenditure” of sacking £8 million-a-year manager Brendan Rodgers, plus an estimated £30 million deficit from finishing 18th in the table.

Not sure this is the best argument considering a war and a stadium being built wasn't accepted as mitigation for us. :lol:

Leicester are expected to argue that the losses from the 2022-23 season were a result of mitigating circumstances, such as an unforeseen relegation, the “unplanned expenditure” of sacking £8 million-a-year manager Brendan Rodgers, plus an estimated £30 million deficit from finishing 18th in the table.

Not sure this is the best argument considering a war and a stadium being built wasn't accepted as mitigation for us. :lol:
Ooohhh I don’t fancy their chances there

If this is what Leicester are *hoping* for they must be really in it deep.

Pfft. They didn’t just breach whilst having numerous saleable assets, and their own finance team even warning of the impending breach. They sought to avoid even being judged by trying to slip through a crack between PL and Championship thus claiming they were in a mystical twilight zone that was completely ungoverned and they had to answer to no-one. Didn’t even meet the minimum criteria of submitting PSR calcs for consideration by the due date.

We may have not always got full allowances for “co-operation”, and Forest were pretty senseless hoping to claim they only breached for a month, but neither openly sought to avoid any scrutiny at all.

We were used and abused to make a point. A point the PL made again with Forest but barely punished them despite their entirely deliberate breach. The PL visibly treated us like dirt. Still more column inches about our outstanding interest argument than Leicester or City. But I’d wager the PL are even more rankled by Leicester. And they will be another club to batter to show the strength that City will just swat away.

considering a war and a stadium being built wasn't accepted as mitigation for us
1723579980924.jpeg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.