The bending of PSR rules

How can they do anything would be different if we had the same owners or had shares in both clubs . So many orher teams have done this liberpool brewster ibe ect list goes on. City trafford the cb that has gone southampton for 20 mill. Pathetic from other clubs fans but nothing new

£9 million is a fair price for both players. They've been swapped because of a need to satisfy PSR, but the clubs have, sensibly, not overinflated their values.

That Kellyman deal is quite clearly substantially inflated to the point it would be hard for Chelsea to justify if not for the fact they've also spent a billion on other teenagers
Not really Burnley spent the same amount last season on one of our midfielders (Aaron Ramsey) who had less first team experience then Kellyman. Kellyman is highly rated and has been in and around the first team squad for a while now. I think £19m is fair for him in today's market.

Interesting debate on Twitter about whether the premier league will find a way to stop these obvious academy player swap deals to boost PSR position.

What’s your takes on it?

I can’t see how they can control/ stop it. As long as they aren’t over inflated prices, which I don’t think Dobbin/ Villa Tim fella are?!

10 mill for two young prospects with potential/ England youth caps & Championship experience seems a fair price?

I’m loving the fact we are being savvy. It’s obvious what’s going on, but can the hideous Masters stop this happening?

I don’t think he can…
As long as it annoys my personal favourite Mr. Richard Masters I have no problem

1000037189.webp

When does the change regarding psr come into effect and does it help or hinder clubs ?

Wish the clubs would come together and vote this master blert out of his position or leverage the league to do so

You keep acting like you speak for all "Evertonians". You don't.
Apologies if you find that confusing. It's quite common in an online discussion to talk about groups of people having a particular opinion without having been formally appointed as their spokesperson but for the avoidance of doubt I only speak in my own capacity and my experience of reading the thoughts of other Evertonians on these pages, I haven't stood for any sort of elected position. So, in my opinion, Everton fans haven't misunderstood the purpose of the rules and actually don't really about the purpose, only the ridiculous results.

Is 9m for dobbin that outrageous, cannon went for similar.

Imagine being up in arms over this and being ok with selling hotels to themselves, 10 year amortisation, et al
Similar but I think Cannon had 2 years left on his contract when he left as opposed to Dobbin's 1

That Kellyman deal is quite clearly substantially inflated to the point it would be hard for Chelsea to justify if not for the fact they've also spent a billion on other teenagers
Its pretty much the same as what they paid for Deivid Washington & Angelo who you could argue are of similar talent. Infact Kellyman is probably seen as having more chance of doing something at Chelsea due to him not having to settle into the country/have experience in a PL environment

Exactly.
Villa pushed for the PSR threshold to be raised to £130m but were voted down.
Serves Masters et al right if between Villa and us we show how to avoid the points deduction
He's a villa fan if I'm not mistaken.. if we had introduced that 130 million motion it wouldn't have made it to a vote.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back