The bending of PSR rules

Sorry if it's already been explained. But how are these deals benefiting us? To me it looks like we are swapping one over priced player for another. How does that help us with PSR we've spent money and we're just recouping what we've sold? Or am I missing something.

It comes down to amortization.

We sell player x for £10million. No matter how the payments are structured, that £10million hits our books once the deal is signed off.

We buy player y for £10 million. We have signed player y on a 5 year contract, so the £10million payments leave our books as equal payments across the length if the contact: i.e 5 regular £2million payments for 5 years.

If we were to strike both of these deals on the same day, as far as PSR is concerned we are in £8million profit (the £10million received for player x minus the first £2million payment for player y).

So, us and Villa essentially swapping players for around the same transfer fee benefits both parties from a PSR point of view.

Isn’t this all because that Alice the MU fan moaned that we were circumventing the rules as opposed to having to complying with them by selling JB on the cheap to them. Nothing to see here….what a whinger.

It was ridiculous. I had it all day yesterday with precious Spurs fans going on. Crying.

It is a fact that these clubs have used PSR to gain advantage and other teams best players cheaper than they should have the past several years or more. Using PSR as leverage

When that advantage is lost they start crying claiming "cheating" etc

Using loopholes isn't "cheating". It's using a loophole or grey area by definition

Our use of it is fairly minor

I cannot possibly see how Premier League can act against us. As its one transfer for a realistic fee.

It was ridiculous. I had it all day yesterday with precious Spurs fans going on. Crying.

It is a fact that these clubs have used PSR to gain advantage and other teams best players cheaper than they should have the past several years or more. Using PSR as leverage

Using loopholes isn't "cheating". It's using a loophole or grey area by definition

I cannot possibly see how Premier League can act against us. As it’s one transfer for a realistic fee.
Tottenham are the worst , can’t stand them

I cannot possibly see how Premier League can act against us. As its one transfer for a realistic fee.
It’s not even a loophole. It is absolutely the way accounting works

Seems legit😉🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1719237703363.jpg
    FB_IMG_1719237703363.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 19

It's a loophole if there are no explicit rules prohibiting it
Why would they prohibit it if it using reasonable valuations ? PSR forces the selling of players. Buying players and holding them for 6 or 7 years doesn’t feel like good business when measured against to rules as off today. Sell after two years is what PSR promotes and trade home grown talent

I don’t think it is a loophole

Not sure it is really that much of a loophole. If Everton bought someone in 2020 and sold someone around the same time, they still have a percentage of that purchase counting in 2024 and get no part of the 2020 sale as an offset. Over time, it all evens up.
Kicks the can down the road. We need to cover Tim’s 3m amortised cost every year for the next three years. The cost doesn’t go away just gets deferred.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back