• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't surpass us even if they win this simple runners up league cup. We've won the league three times since their last effort ffs

Four times, isn’t it? 1962/63, 1969/70, 1984/85 and 1986/87. But I’d be ecstatic if Spurs have one more European Cup than us by the end of the evening.

.....not really. Kane might be short of match practice but he’s not only a top player but also a top influence in the dressing room. If you’re going out on that pitch you’re happy if Kane is alongside.

Whats your take on the 3 week break between the end of the season and tonight?

Mine, for what its worth, is that Spurs have been lucky as it gave them time to get Kane and Winks fit after a poor run in, but for Liverpool, the momentum they had in the run it might have evaporated.

Harsh on Moura but thats strong management by Poch - not someone swayed in decision making.

Jags starting against Fulham springs to mind of the outdated mentality of having to play someone because they did well the game before - always play your best side.

Whats your take on the 3 week break between the end of the season and tonight?

Mine, for what its worth, is that Spurs have been lucky as it gave them time to get Kane and Winks fit after a poor run in, but for Liverpool, the momentum they had in the run it might have evaporated.
Rose, Dier, Kane, Alli, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson and Gomez have been picked for the Nations League squad which is the 9th. Potentially, that's a long season!

Kane starting is a massive call. Moura must be gutted.

Hard to say whether Kane playing boosts or hurts Spurs chances tonight. If he was definitely fit it'd be a different story.

Anyway, 4-1 Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back