• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see anything other than an RS win unfortunately. Could be all but over inside the first 30 minutes, as I expect Spurs to freeze on the big stage.

Comparison of their records in all major finals open to them - League Cup / FA Cup / EC / UEFA Cup / ECWC

Spurs

Total finals played in 21
won 15
lost 6

win ratio 71%

Liverpool

Total finals played in 39
won 23
lost 16

win ratio 59%

Spurs are a cup team. Always have been and always likely will be.

lol

You are way better than that mate!

As I said to a Kopite I bumped into this morning getting the papers, when he asked me if I would be watching, I replied that I didnt see the point. Them two sides being in the final has relegated the trophy to a prize in a cracker; no league titles in nearly 90 years between them.

lol

You are way better than that mate!

As I said to a Kopite I bumped into this morning getting the papers, when he asked me if I would be watching, I replied that I didnt see the point. Them two sides being in the final has relegated the trophy to a prize in a cracker; no league titles in nearly 90 years between them.
Oh yeah, it is defo after the Lord Mayor's parade. That's the way to get under their skin - and no less than the truth.

However, Spurs are one of those teams I'd hate to meet in a final. They invariably rise to finals at home and abroad and get the job done. The Kopites are well aware of that too.

Hopefully Spurs win.

I won't be watching, same as I did last year.
Nice drink in the countyside and watch the highlights if the result is positive.

As much as I expect the worst they have given us:

This doesn't **** slip. Gerrard slips (miscontrols).

Crystanbul.

Celebrating wildly as League Cup goes to inevitable pens that they love. City win shootout.

Fanta scruff and 2nd half capitulation to Sevilla.

Karius the comedian and Ramos getting offered out for straighteners by Brookside Z listers.

Gleefully claiming they did not need 3 points at Goodison. That result ultimately cost them.

Can't see anything other than an RS win unfortunately. Could be all but over inside the first 30 minutes, as I expect Spurs to freeze on the big stage.

I agree. Think Spurs need to keep it tight in the first 20-30minutes as i think Liverpool will look to blitz them

Hopefully Spurs win.

I won't be watching, same as I did last year.
Nice drink in the countyside and watch the highlights if the result is positive.

As much as I expect the worst they have given us:

This doesn't **** slip. Gerrard slips (miscontrols).

Crystanbul.
O
Celebrating wildly as League Cup goes to inevitable pens that they love. City win shootout.

Fanta scruff and 2nd half capitulation to Sevilla.

Karius the comedian and Ramos getting offered out for straighteners by Brookside Z listers.

Gleefully claiming they did not need 3 points at Goodison. That result ultimately cost them.
That brookside beaut was called comedy gold

Well, this time next week we will know the outcome. I do think it’s a little ironic that the European Champions finalists haven’t even been Champions of England for a collective 88 years.

The banners, posters and bunting are out, next door but has full sized Klopp and Salah images in their porch either side of the front door. I avoid walking or driving past.

I live in hope that Brian Labone’s was right when he said ‘it’s very rare to beat a team 3 times in a season’. Come on you Spurs.
Don't drive past, drive in!!!
Always had a soft spot for Spurs. They will gain greater affection by destroying the RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back