• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've won it. Spurs should just try and enjoy the day, appreciate the great run and try not to get excited if they go in front because it will only make it worse.

Evertonians should just be grateful City won the big one and forget about this.

I would've been far more arsed about this had they actually did the unthinkable and won the league the other week. As it stands, I see this as the far lesser of the two achievements this season and one they've already won once before in my adult life (and have contested the final of on a few occasions since). Obviously they'll be a pain in the arse for a while should they win.. but winning the league would've undoubtedly been worse.

Also, and I don't actually mean to offend Spurs or their fans here, the 'prestige' of the tie has been dampened somewhat with the fact that it's being contested by two sides from the same league who haven't won their domestic title in like, what, a combined 80 years or something? I think even reds fans were really annoyed at the fact that it was Spurs they'd be playing and not Ajax primarily for that reason. 'Champions' League, eh? :coffee:

Fully expect them to see Spurs off like.. but obviously it isn't certain especially in a 90 minute game away from Anfield. Spurs actually winning, though, would just be utterly hilarious, so I'll be praying for that scenario either way lol

Last edited:

On Echo site ar 12.44 Koeman hoping they win because he doesn't want van Dijk and Wijnaldhum to end up empty handed.

He says van D, Wijn and RS do not deserve that.

Well, this time next week we will know the outcome. I do think it’s a little ironic that the European Champions finalists haven’t even been Champions of England for a collective 88 years.

The banners, posters and bunting are out, next door but has full sized Klopp and Salah images in their porch either side of the front door. I avoid walking or driving past.

I live in hope that Brian Labone’s was right when he said ‘it’s very rare to beat a team 3 times in a season’. Come on you Spurs.
WBA beating us in the Cup Final springs to mind.

Good injury news for Spurs as Kane, Winks, Vertonghen and Sanchez are all fit to start if selected.

'I'm ready to go': Harry Kane declares availability for Champions League final after returning to full Tottenham training

Out of them injured players returning how many are likely to start? I'd have Kane and Winks on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back