• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as you?

This is the point though Yid4life, you have had moments especially when the league was tantalisingly close in 2015. No one here doesn't want Spurs to break that hoodoo though. If you had been picking up trophies recently like City have then we wouldn't be so worried. The good news is Klopp has quite a record in finals so it may come down to which team handles the pressure the best.

I wouldn't get too upset when you see stuff like that it's just we have a vested interest in this too, so we are just trying to prepare ourselves.

This is the point though Yid4life, you have had moments especially when the league was tantalisingly close in 2015. No one here doesn't want Spurs to break that hoodoo though. If you had been picking up trophies recently like City have then we wouldn't be so worried. The good news is Klopp has quite a record in finals so it may come down to which team handles the pressure the best.

I wouldn't get too upset when you see stuff like that it's just we have a vested interest in this too, so we are just trying to prepare ourselves.

I know the situation well! I use the defence mechanism a LOT!

For better or worse I have a good feeling about Saturday.

I know the situation well! I use the defence mechanism a LOT!

For better or worse I have a good feeling about Saturday.

I'm happier seeing Kane is back, just need a quick fire red card for them and/or Salah being carted off early with a shoulder injury and I'll feel even better.

It should be a close game so anything that tips it your way will be helpful!

I'm happier seeing Kane is back, just need a quick fire red card for them and/or Salah being carted off early with a shoulder injury and I'll feel even better.

It should be a close game so anything that tips it your way will be helpful!

Spurs will have a brilliant chance to take the trophy if they can avoid the scenario which sees Liverpool race into a lead. I see Spurs growing into the game an even dominating late on like they did in both league games but if they give up early goals Liverpool will sit deep and play on the break.

Would be a huge test of Liverpool’s character if they went a goal down. They’ll be terrified of losing two finals in a row and the longer the game goes on and they’re not absolutely crushing the more the pressure will increase on them.

Man City fan here:
We are hoping and praying with you. The media have already handed them the trophy. Just like they did the league.
This game will be no push over and Spurs are more than capable of pulling this one off.
Spurs to win on penalties by Milner missing. Pure bliss...
VVD to make a mistake and Kane to capitalise in the 90th minute please God

Think spurs name is on this.

They’ve been on the ropes a few times as pointed out by @Yid4life and have battled through.

Pocchettino is a class act and imo will be very prepared and will have learnt from the league games, of course his players need to match his tactical set up though.

Liverpool have one way of playing, high intensity early on, pressing from the front...Spurs need to nullify them and get them frustrated, but also I’m sure Spurs can match them in attack as well.

Deep down I think the reds will have this won so not getting hopes up too high. Not sure I will even watch.. But part of me thinks this deal with the devil they have has also been their curse in recent years, giving them hope - Gerrard's slip, City on pens, Sevilla and of course the comedy gold of last year. Can it continue ? The closer they get the more it hurts. Hopefully he is planning something for Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back