• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think it's ridiculous they had to swap changing rooms?

The reason they gave doesn't make sense, they put the home fans in front of the away changing room? Why not just do it the other way round?

They'll bottle it. Past 5 years they've had 2 title run ins they choked in and were beaten in three cup finals.

I see no reason why that sequence isn't extended. None at all.

The manager is a serial loser and I fully expect him to leave his losers stink all over that team as they walk out of the dressing room. You need calm in cup finals, not a headless 'kin chicken like that gurning German idiot.

They'll bottle it. Past 5 years they've had 2 title run ins they choked in and were beaten in three cup finals.

The manager is a serial loser and I fully expect him to leave his losers stink all over that team as they walk out of the dressing room. You need calm in cup finals, not a headless 'kin chicken like that gurning German idiot.
For me its the come down of going to training every day for the three week build up, knowing they did just that for a full league season, for nothing. Every day the first thing they must thing of in the morning is the title they should of just won but blew, i certainly know fans who are like that. The strain will be like it is for the team who comes third in the championship who then blows up in the play offs.

Its like a poker play who just cant get those final chips off someone, its one thing coming close, but getting over the line is another kind of mentality.

If Liverpool can’t win it in the first 30 minutes their arses will go. They know Spurs can take it away from them at any point. They’re probably the only team in Europe alongside City that can live with Liverpool physically over 90 minutes. Liverpool will be banking on having the psychological edge and win the game before it starts but at a neutral venue if Spurs can avoid Liverpool’s cocky start then they have a great chance to win it.

If Liverpool can’t win it in the first 30 minutes their arses will go. They know Spurs can take it away from them at any point. They’re probably the only team in Europe alongside City that can live with Liverpool physically over 90 minutes. Liverpool will be banking on having the psychological edge and win the game before it starts but at a neutral venue if Spurs can avoid Liverpool’s cocky start then they have a great chance to win it.
They've been like that for years now. Ever since Rodgers' second season with them and he stumbled across a frantic high pressing game and they blitzed teams early. At the same time, if they dont make the breakthrough you can sense the confidence ebb away...especially against other top teams.

Overall I see as many match winners in the Spurs team as Liverpool's. I honestly think Klopp is the difference here. The media have been playing down his serial failure in finals but it's there and it's a factor.

For me its the come down of going to training every day for the three week build up, knowing they did just that for a full league season, for nothing. Every day the first thing they must thing of in the morning is the title they should of just won but blew, i certainly know fans who are like that. The strain will be like it is for the team who comes third in the championship who then blows up in the play offs.

Its like a poker play who just cant get those final chips off someone, its one thing coming close, but getting over the line is another kind of mentality.
The time gap between that wolves game and this one is enormous. It's a season end game only if it's a fortnight after the season...even then things can start falling off in terms of focus, but 3 weeks makes this basically the start of pre-season. Teams will be kicking off the CL qualification for 2019/20 three weeks after this final.

It's a shoot out between two PL teams. That's all this is. No favourites, just a fresh new start to a fresh new season.

The time gap between that wolves game and this one is enormous. It's a season end game only if it's a fortnight after the season...even then things can start falling off in terms of focus, but 3 weeks makes this basically the start of pre-season. Teams will be kicking off the CL qualification for 2019/20 three weeks after this final.

It's a shoot out between two PL teams. That's all this is. No favourites, just a fresh new start to a fresh new season.
:Blink:

How's everyone feeling about this then?

My overwhelming thought is "it'll be hilarious if they lose, but not that fussed if they win". The league was the one I was worried about.

Let's be honest, we hear about 2005 every 15 minutes anyway, so what would change really?

Yep pretty much this, plus I quite like Spurs and Poch so it'd be good to see them win it.

The overriding hope is that we get to see tears flowing from loads of their mutant fans like we did after the Palace game so that we can refresh the gif material.

They've been like that for years now. Ever since Rodgers' second season with them and he stumbled across a frantic high pressing game and they blitzed teams early. At the same time, if they dont make the breakthrough you can sense the confidence ebb away...especially against other top teams.

Overall I see as many match winners in the Spurs team as Liverpool's. I honestly think Klopp is the difference here. The media have been playing down his serial failure in finals but it's there and it's a factor.
The stats don't bear that out to be honest. Man City score early goals, the rs score late goals these days.

Yep pretty much this, plus I quite like Spurs and Poch so it'd be good to see them win it.

The overriding hope is that we get to see tears flowing from loads of their mutant fans like we did after the Palace game so that we can refresh the gif material.

Would love if they lost because of some massive, hilarious blunder. The two corkers from Karius last year will be hard to top tbf

How's everyone feeling about this then?

My overwhelming thought is "it'll be hilarious if they lose, but not that fussed if they win". The league was the one I was worried about.

Let's be honest, we hear about 2005 every 15 minutes anyway, so what would change really?

Cared much more about the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back