• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'm going to lump on VVD to score first and Spurs to win 3/1 (575/1) and 4/1 (605/1) when I get home.

Might go big. Depends how much gold watch I get down my gregory first.

I love my old lady, when I backed us to win the CL at 25/1 and I told her how much she said 'go large or don't bother'.

I'll be lumping on Liverpool to win the CL. Every time I have bet on them to win to this season, they have drawn or lost. My power is total, my spite infinite

Think I'm going to lump on VVD to score first and Spurs to win 3/1 (575/1) and 4/1 (605/1) when I get home.

I love my old lady, when I backed us to win the CL at 25/1 and I told her how much she said 'go large or don't bother'.

I assume you can afford to “go large” and lose?

If so, there are few things worse than someone boasting about how much money they’ve got.

Think I'm going to lump on VVD to score first and Spurs to win 3/1 (575/1)

That isnt the most outlandish thing to happen is it? As in, you can at least visualise it. Got to be worth a tenner. I am delivering a box to William Hill tomorrow, might be tempted.

Keep that Cockney rhyming slang coming YFL.

I'm off for a nice slice of Sexton Blake and a cup of Rosie.

;)

How's everyone feeling about this then?

My overwhelming thought is "it'll be hilarious if they lose, but not that fussed if they win". The league was the one I was worried about.

Let's be honest, we hear about 2005 every 15 minutes anyway, so what would change really?
I've already witnessed them win the CL so I'm really not bothered if they get another, We all know they want the big Premiership title and thank the lord Silva and his big banging siren stopped them that day.

I'll just laugh in the face of Liverpool fans all summer whatever happens. If they win, they'll do well to remember that if entering at the group stage, the CL is 13 matches long. In some cases you can lose six times, and still be in with a chance of lifting the trophy.

And let's not forget that because of seeding, most group stage opponents are about League 1 standard compared to the modern PL. That's not to say it wouldn't be great winning it, just like winning the FA / League Cup would be great, though both of them see you out after losing just once before the semis.

Ah poor old Liverpool, always in need of a second chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back