• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you talking about?
You qouted @roydo ’s post from 8.18,and asked “go on then, in your opinion which of those clubs are crap clubs”. I was pointing out that roydo had included the words “these two “ in his original post. Presumably LFC and THFC ,fwiw I’ve got no axe to grind with you, I think you make some salient points at times.

Having a pint in local in Kilkenny and banter with RS barman - he's alright in fairness. However giving him plenty about Saturday. God help all us Blues if they win. As for my workplace....it doesn't bear thinking about. I keep persuading myself everything will be ok.

The media love-in with the RS is hitting full steam now with a special interview with VVD on the BBC news about how he is going to right the wrong of last season's final. No mention of Spurs whatsoever. Then there is Barnes on Sky talking as if there is only one team playing.."if WE approach the game in the same as WE always do WE will win." Pass me the sick bag.

I wish that the whole thing would just go away.

Can't be worse than that idiot Lloris gifting the rs a winning goal at the pit.......I think this will be a tale of 2 defences.....spurs have the worse one imo and the gobshites can take advantage of that. Unfortunately. Not that arsed actually...losing the prem was the thing which hurt them badly. As someone said earlier...we've had "5 times" since 2005... what difference does another make? Be great if we could build a team ourselves to at least be competitive with the so called "big 6" ....too much to ask?
At the moment, yes of course, too much to ask. Im not arsed at all about them winning this again as Ive put up with their peacocking since their 70s successes so 6 times baby wont scratch my surface. The elusive holy grail still torments them..and I wont wear a hair shirt because were nowhere near them as I still wouldnt want to be one of them.

The media love-in with the RS is hitting full steam now with a special interview with VVD on the BBC news about how he is going to right the wrong of last season's final. No mention of Spurs whatsoever. Then there is Barnes on Sky talking as if there is only one team playing.."if WE approach the game in the same as WE always do WE will win." Pass me the sick bag.

I wish that the whole thing would just go away.
I've noticed this myself. Very heavy LFC-specific coverage in the media this week with very little Spurs. It's hard to ignore just how lopsided it's been.

I genuinely favour Spurs.

Liverpool are a momentum team, fuelled by the media waxing lyrical about Jurgen’s great hugs and Alisson’s trim beard.

Spurs on the other hand have a small squad, and this period of rest has allowed them time to re-introduce key players.

Prince Harry to deliver a hat trick fit for a king.

What a load of bollocks! I’d give my left nut for Everton to be playing in this.

Yes preferably as league champions.I kind of preferred when you actually had to win the league, to get a shot at winning this.Football was a lot better and simpler, until Rupert Murdoch ruined it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back