• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team that hasn't won the league since 1961, and a team that hasn't won it since 1990 in the final.Modern football eh?To see what was once a great competition, reduced to this.

So if EFC got in the final in 2020-2021 after coming 4th in 2019-2020 would you consider it devalued? Would you boycott it?

The teams in it are playing by UEFA rules and the parameters set. Qué Sera Sera.

What a load of bollocks! I’d give my left nut for Everton to be playing in this.

Exactly. All those posters on various forums saying exactly the same things (as if they were original thoughts) would pretty much do anything to be in our position.

I have seen the same thing said on WHU forums about us devaluing the CL....that'll be the West Ham that got in the Europa League via fair play.

The whole Premier League is geared up towards achieving 'top 4'. Seems a bit pointless if only teams that actually win it are considered worthy of entering the CL.

@Yid4life

giphy.gif

Give 'em hell son!

So if EFC got in the final in 2020-2021 after coming 4th in 2019-2020 would you consider it devalued? Would you boycott it?

The teams in it are playing by UEFA rules and the parameters set. Qué Sera Sera.

Yes but the UEFA rules suck.:)Modern football is just a corporate soulless money making racket.And yeah if the RS win it, i would consider it devalued.But only if they win it.lol

@Zartan

Right I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for this one post and accept you're an Evertonian. As a blue why do you feel the need to suggest anyone on here is going too far with anything concerning an opinion regarding Liverpool? Its almost to the point of you defending Liverpool and their fans.

Nigh on nothing is impartial or balanced in the media about them with the exception of Talksport, so this is a lot of Everton fans safe space. Do we sometimes go OTT? On the odd occasion yes but that is to counteract the ridiculous amount of time and downright mistruths the media paint with regards them.

Why any blue would feel the need to argue against our behaviour is beyond me?

As usual with them in an European final the outcome of the match is inconsequential to me, I'm just worried about people getting seriously hurt or killed. If no one does then that is the only result that matters.

RS to press from the off and get an early goal. Spurs to just weather the storm for the next 20 minutes and get an equalier just before half time. Massive RS pressure again at the start of the second half but no breakthrough, Spurs start to get a bit of momentum and go ahead after an hour. RS heads are down but Spurs can't kill them off. Massive RS pressure again for an equaliser until Spurs get a third against the run of play in the 88th minute

RS to press from the off and get an early goal. Spurs to just weather the storm for the next 20 minutes and get an equalier just before half time. Massive RS pressure again at the start of the second half but no breakthrough, Spurs start to get a bit of momentum and go ahead after an hour. RS heads are down but Spurs can't kill them off. Massive RS pressure again for an equaliser until Spurs get a third against the run of play in the 88th minute

SPOILERS FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back