• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RS to press from the off and get an early goal. Spurs to just weather the storm for the next 20 minutes and get an equalier just before half time. Massive RS pressure again at the start of the second half but no breakthrough, Spurs start to get a bit of momentum and go ahead after an hour. RS heads are down but Spurs can't kill them off. Massive RS pressure again for an equaliser until Spurs get a third against the run of play in the 88th minute
An offside goal from a massive deflection off of Kane's arse cheeks in stoppage time would be perfect, ta...

During what minute dovwe reckon Salah will go down at the slightest touch and dislocate his shoulder so he can bottle the match?

@Zartan

Right I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for this one post and accept you're an Evertonian. As a blue why do you feel the need to suggest anyone on here is going too far with anything concerning an opinion regarding Liverpool? Its almost to the point of you defending Liverpool and their fans.

Nigh on nothing is impartial or balanced in the media about them with the exception of Talksport, so this is a lot of Everton fans safe space. Do we sometimes go OTT? On the odd occasion yes but that is to counteract the ridiculous amount of time and downright mistruths the media paint with regards them.

Why any blue would feel the need to argue against our behaviour is beyond me?

I just find some of the posts cringeworthy, that’s all. I appreciate that, for the most part, people are just venting, but some of the stuff is daft. Calling the Champions League final a “glorified League Cup final” is ridiculous.

I avoid all media stuff relating to them. I haven’t read a single article about this year’s final, haven’t listened to anything on the radio or watched anything on television, nor will I be watching the game itself. In my opinion, some on here should give it a try.

Vamos poche, big Racing fan!!

Please destroy de RS

Also Lloris

So if EFC got in the final in 2020-2021 after coming 4th in 2019-2020 would you consider it devalued? Would you boycott it?

The teams in it are playing by UEFA rules and the parameters set. Qué Sera Sera.

If we reached the champions league final in the next few years id pack the footy in. It would be a farce.

I just find some of the posts cringeworthy, that’s all. I appreciate that, for the most part, people are just venting, but some of the stuff is daft. Calling the Champions League final a “glorified League Cup final” is ridiculous.

I avoid all media stuff relating to them. I haven’t read a single article about this year’s final, haven’t listened to anything on the radio or watched anything on television, nor will I be watching the game itself. In my opinion, some on here should give it a try.

Not having a go at you mate at all, but surely you must admit the Champions league has Been diluted. It used to be just the champions of each league against each other, now it's like the top four of each league, so a slightly better version of the Europa league. Liverpool have been beaten, is it four times already in it this year and unbelievably are still in it. Couldn't care less if they win it, what 5 times/ six times, who cares ?

This type of argument is used by people too insecure about that other club in our city. Not looking to pick fights here, that’s just how it appears to me. If we made it to a champions league final it would be one of the greatest nights in many of our lives: win or lose. There are many things to slaughter and hate the vermin for, a lot of it off the pitch. There was an anniversary of such an incident just this week. Unfortunately on the pitch, back to back European finals is not something to be sniffed at. It’s best to just ignore it rather than dismiss it in a convoluted manner. The continual movement of the goalposts is just embarrassing as well. “Experts” assured us that European royalty such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich would eliminate them with ease- the minute that didn’t happen, those teams were dismissed as over the hill has-beens. There’s just no point. I’ll be at the cinema tomorrow night watching Godzilla king of the monsters; not torturing myself like so many seem to enjoy doing. I refuse to give in to the narrative that our biggest games of the season don’t involve us anymore- the investment people have in tomorrow is not healthy.

If genuine then fair enough. I've taken the exact same approach to them for years. My season ended at Spurs. Glad they didn't win the league but them winning this is one huge kick in the nads. I do see why fans aren't bothered though. Its June 1st, been 3 weeks since the season ended and its tucked away on BT.

If we reached the champions league final in the next few years id pack the footy in. It would be a farce.

If you look at the finalists from 2000 onwards it shows that if you can get yourself into the qualification places eventually you’re more than likely to make a final.

England: All of the top 6 have made at least one apart from City (who have made the semis and will invariably make a final in the next few seasons)

Germany: Bayern Dortmund Leverkusen have all made at least one final, even Schalke made a semi final!

Spain: Madrid Barcelona Atletico Valencia have all made finals and Villarreal and Deportivo have made semi finals

Italy: Juventus Milan Inter have all made a final, Roma have made the semis

Then we have teams from the lesser leagues like Porto Marseille Ajax Monaco who have all been I. The final.

FFS even Leicester made the quarter finals.

The whole format of the competition means that if you keep getting yourself in it year after year then at some point you’re going to get an easy group or a moment in Europe when other teams are weaker or a bit of luck, or you’re very strong at home, and you’ll find yourself in the latter stages. The hard bit for us is qualifying but if we did a Spurs and started to get in the top 4 then there’d be no reason we couldn’t make the latter stages.

Not having a go at you mate at all, but surely you must admit the Champions league has Been diluted. It used to be just the champions of each league against each other, now it's like the top four of each league, so a slightly better version of the Europa league. Liverpool have been beaten, is it four times already in it this year and unbelievably are still in it. Couldn't care less if they win it, what 5 times/ six times, who cares ?

Football, certainly elite level football, in general has been diluted. It’s not a new thing. It is what it is.

If you fancy a punt

Spurs have conceded 40% of our CL goals in the first 15 mins and scored 40% of our CL goals in the last 15 mins.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back