• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave - fwiw I think you’re right on this but I think he’s realised that he’s messed up on the preparation again.

I read somewhere (without looking to read it) that klopp has had his squad away for almost 2 weeks near la manga without seeing their families. I played rugby at club and briefly international level and I can say one thing - even as a player you’re still first and foremost a man, a son, boyfriend / husband and most importantly a father so you wanna be as close to your closest for as long as possible before every away game.

By contrast Pottchetino has allowed his players to stay at home far longer. I think that’ll count significantly in terms of mental preparation for the game.

I know it’s simplistic to think they’re all millionaire elite sportsmen but they all still have to listen to whatever’s going on at home when they do communicate while they’re away. And as with any job they don’t all get on with one another. So from experience even the most minor issues in a squad get compounded the longer you’re on lock down with one another.

I believe Klopp has messed up the preparation.

My missus thinks the opposite as she said that's why they only set off so late instead of being over there for a few days. But what you say makes sense, maybe he had them away too long and that's why they've only just set off today. She reckons last time out they wasted too much energy beforehand so the later they get there the better.

I'd prefer it if they just got stuck on a motorway in a piss drenched coach for 2 hours before the game tbh

My missus thinks the opposite as she said that's why they only set off so late instead of being over there for a few days. But what you say makes sense, maybe he had them away too long and that's why they've only just set off today. She reckons last time out they wasted too much energy beforehand so the later they get there the better.

I'd prefer it if they just got stuck on a motorway in a piss drenched coach for 2 hours before the game tbh

Tbh mate I read an article (bbc I think?) and it was comparing the approaches from the two managers. My thoughts were totally based on that article and my own experiences travelling to play games abroad (but nowhere near the level of these guys). If you’re implying that Liverpool came home from Spain already and only set off today then I have zero idea what their logistics are. I was only commenting on Klopp looked and sounded like something wasn’t right in his preparation so far. I’m not saying I’m right by any stretch but again from experience the less nights you’re away generally the better you perform on the field. A night away before an away game is almost certain and in reality it works. If you’re having to go a couple of time zones to play then you add a night for each hour to prepare but honestly I can’t see how a few weeks away from families has helped their players mentally prepare in the slightest. I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

Dave - fwiw I think you’re right on this but I think he’s realised that he’s messed up on the preparation again.

I read somewhere (without looking to read it) that klopp has had his squad away for almost 2 weeks near la manga without seeing their families. I played rugby at club and briefly international level and I can say one thing - even as a player you’re still first and foremost a man, a son, boyfriend / husband and most importantly a father so you wanna be as close to your closest for as long as possible before every away game.

By contrast Pottchetino has allowed his players to stay at home far longer. I think that’ll count significantly in terms of mental preparation for the game.

I know it’s simplistic to think they’re all millionaire elite sportsmen but they all still have to listen to whatever’s going on at home when they do communicate while they’re away. And as with any job they don’t all get on with one another. So from experience even the most minor issues in a squad get compounded the longer you’re on lock down with one another.

I believe Klopp has messed up the preparation.

TBF, I reckon their families were delighted to get shut of them for three weeks.

Tbh mate I read an article (bbc I think?) and it was comparing the approaches from the two managers. My thoughts were totally based on that article and my own experiences travelling to play games abroad (but nowhere near the level of these guys). If you’re implying that Liverpool came home from Spain already and only set off today then I have zero idea what their logistics are. I was only commenting on Klopp looked and sounded like something wasn’t right in his preparation so far. I’m not saying I’m right by any stretch but again from experience the less nights you’re away generally the better you perform on the field. A night away before an away game is almost certain and in reality it works. If you’re having to go a couple of time zones to play then you add a night for each hour to prepare but honestly I can’t see how a few weeks away from families has helped their players mentally prepare in the slightest. I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

Hopefully your proved right mate and they get bummed 5-0.

Im just nodding my head at anything the missus says atm, pressures getting to the poor lass

I will avoid it like the plague tomorrow and have a long walk planned. I will try to get back around the 60 minute mark to see if Spurs have got a chance still. If they are in it I will swear like a trooper willing them to win it. If the RS are in control it will be radio silence and a very long walk.
FWIW Spurs in my opinion have a really good chance given how they got to the final and are historically a very good cup team. Not relying on them too much because they are flaky over the years too!!
Come on Spurs!!!! Do your patriotic duty!!!!

Depends how annoying their families are.

Watched the highlights of Spurs two 2-1 defeats in the league to see how tight the games where.

A couple of points to look out for tomorrow when Pochettino picks his side.

1) They got rinsed playing 3-5-2, mane/Robertson doubling up on Trippier and launching in cross after cross. Likewise with Trent AL on the right. If we see this formation turn it off and go for a long walk.

2) Vorm played the first game and had a nightmare and Lloris likewise in the last minute at Anfield..BUT..Sissoko should have made it 2-1 moments earlier but blazed it over when it was easier to score. Could have been a 2-1 Spurs win.

3) Lucas Moura looked fantastic in both games and always looked a threat. So if Kane doesn't start Moura/Son up from Alli free role looks a great option.

4) Liverpool had lots of play in and around outside the box, so many shots over the bar from range when Spurs kept a good shape. Pretty obvious Klopp targets Spurs fullbacks every single time, hopefully Pochettino has a plan tomorrow.

5) Sissoko like Demba Ba can be our Saviour. Remember his performance for France at the world cup final playing as a right winger?...Just saying.... come on Pochettino!

Good luck any Spurs forum friends.

Watched the highlights of Spurs two 2-1 defeats in the league to see how tight the games where.

A couple of points to look out for tomorrow when Pochettino picks his side.

1) They got rinsed playing 3-5-2, mane/Robertson doubling up on Trippier and launching in cross after cross. Likewise with Trent AL on the right. If we see this formation turn it off and go for a long walk.

2) Vorm played the first game and had a nightmare and Lloris likewise in the last minute at Anfield..BUT..Sissoko should have made it 2-1 moments earlier but blazed it over when it was easier to score. Could have been a 2-1 Spurs win.

3) Lucas Moura looked fantastic in both games and always looked a threat. So if Kane doesn't start Moura/Son up from Alli free role looks a great option.

4) Liverpool had lots of play in and around outside the box, so many shots over the bar from range when Spurs kept a good shape. Pretty obvious Klopp targets Spurs fullbacks every single time, hopefully Pochettino has a plan tomorrow.

5) Sissoko like Demba Ba can be our Saviour. Remember his performance for France at the world cup final playing as a right winger?...Just saying.... come on Pochettino!

Good luck any Spurs forum friends.

Spurs are going to be a very dangerous team in a one off final. They certainly have the armoury to beat Liverpool. The game hinges though on Liverpool's mental strength/fragility. They either rise to the occasion and have a team that take nothing but a win as a reward for the season's efforts; or they handle it badly and go under with the massive expectation that only winning it will make the season a success. Nothing convinces me that this lot have the self belief required to achieve the former. They collapsed last season even before a ball was kicked in the final. Salah's injury wasn't the trigger for it, they looked beaten before KO. And no matter their run in when they kept pace with City; their nerve failed them in the early spring when they threw a 7 point advantage away. The manager is carrying an enormous monkey round on his back too, and players sense that he's been a problem in making the final step.

I just sense that this is primed for a huge collapse from Liverpool - their season, that is. If they'd have won the PL I'd have no hesitation in calling this final for them as they'd be brimming with confidence. My hunch though is that they sense they are a "nearly team". If Spurs can get a foothold in this game I fancy them to win it in normal time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back