• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may sound like envy, and it probably is, but consider this Blue people.
The Carabao Cup final was contested between the champions of England and the subsequent UEFA Cup winners.
The 'Champions' League final is to be contested between the second best team in London and the second best team in NW England.
Champions League my....
Tbh, if they weren't in it I wouldn't be arsed watching the CL final.

In all honesty, for me, the competition has become about as engrossing as the Europa League. Last season's final was hilarious like, and if they get done again tomorrow it will be required viewing. But all told I place it way down the pecking order of the football I want to watch.

Dreading this after 2005 which I still haven't come to terms with. However, then there was AC Milan 2007 and Real Madrid 2018.

Come on Spurs make it a hat-trick of RS final defeats.

I am totally relaxed about this....even if they do win,

We all know that the EPL is the Holy Grail.

Those buggers know it too.

Three short weeks ago we were looking down the barrel of them breaking their thirty years drought and that really was a nightmare scenario.

Our cousin Vinnie fixed that for us :dance:

This is very much the lesser of two evils.

Now, that is not to say I do not want the RS beaten, Mark.

Far from it :)

But we have a shot to nowt tomorrow.

They lose and we party on down.

If they win it will be a six day wonder.

COYS......Glory, Glory....:dance:

I think it's been a really good tournament this year.

Some excellent ties, namely Ajax v RM, Ajax v Juve, Ajax v Spurs, Man City v Spurs, PSG v Utd.

Shame Ajax didn't go all the way.

Ajax being the common denominator.

I dont think it's a spectacle worth the hullabaloo.

It's flabby with no real great sides in it. Madrid last year were about two seasons past their peak and they were the only one I'd say have approached being special in the last few years.

Ajax being the common denominator.

I dont think it's a spectacle worth the hullabaloo.

It's flabby with no real great sides in it. Madrid last year were about two seasons past their peak and they were the only one I'd say have approached being special in the last few years.

I agree but it begs the question what the heck happened the clubs that are at their peak in this year's CL?

I really dread the wrong result tomorrow and if that happens I will fail to understand how it could have happened again - 2005 being the last nightmare.

Come on you Spurs indeed!

I agree but it begs the question what the heck happened the clubs that are at their peak in this year's CL?

I really dread the wrong result tomorrow and if that happens I will fail to understand how it could have happened again - 2005 being the last nightmare.

Come on you Spurs indeed!
I thought it'd be Atletico Madrid's year. They looked excellent in that first leg versus Juventus and then collapsed.

But there's no real class teams in Europe now. They all seem to be rebuilding, or needing to. Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juventus. It tells you all you need to know why Liverpool have made it to the final two years running. It's about Europa League standard now. It's just trash.

I thought it'd be Atletico Madrid's year. They looked excellent in that first leg versus Juventus and then collapsed.

But there's no real class teams in Europe now. They all seem to be rebuilding, or needing to. Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Juventus. It tells you all you need to know why Liverpool have made it to the final two years running. It's about Europa League standard now. It's just trash.
I’d say Man City are real class. I know they’ve stumbled two years in a row in the Champions League but they are largely playing football on another level to anyone else at the moment.

This may sound like envy, and it probably is, but consider this Blue people.
The Carabao Cup final was contested between the champions of England and the subsequent UEFA Cup winners.
The 'Champions' League final is to be contested between the second best team in London and the second best team in NW England.
Champions League my....
So you're saying forget the league cup and go straight for the CL then?

Even that lot realise that there’s no prestige surrounding this year’s final whatsoever. Madrid was the one they wanted last year. Take advantage of an ageing European powerhouse after getting past City and add them to Milan etc. on their list. There’s just no way you can glam up Spurs though. These are two sides who struggle to get past a domestic cup semi final. There’s been nothing like the build up there was to last year’s as the media hadn’t been able to go all in with two English teams in the final. Whoever wins this the coverage will be straight on the Nations league within a day or two. You can’t sell stage shows about that one night in Madrid...against Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back