• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree.

After a dreadfulstart to Moshiri era, we now have a director of football and a manager with a plan.

Still too much deadweight, but in a few years the club will be a lot stronger.

In 05 we fell over the line with a paper thin squad.

Come on Spurs!!!
I hope so mate.

In reference to my comment about 04/05, it was our position relative to spurs and the [Poor language removed] I was really referring to, rather than us alone.

Hiring Martinez on the back of the cup win despite being relegated, Koeman on a one good season at Southampton and Walsh on Leicester's... All decisions made in haste which have severely backfired. We've squandered money we would've given anything for in 04/05.

I wish we'd gone for an established managerial name, and thrown whatever it took at them to get turn in.

Hindsight eh?

We ended the season strongly, let's hope we can build upon this and add some quality over the next couple of months. Hopefully with Silva and Brands we're finally on the right track

Spurs literally bottle every big moment they get, the epitome of a nearly team. I’m not confident
Imagine you're an Arsenal fan right now: you;ve had Spurs under the thumb for 50 years but they stand to lose everything if Spurs win the EC before they do. Imagine being an Arsenal fan and looking at Spurs' opposition: a team that's bottled every major test in the last 6 seasons and have a manager whose a serial loser.

I said this before but, when they ask you when are you watching it, telling them you aren't absolutely rocks them. I did it loads last night, they cannot stand others finding them and this game irrelevant

I plan on an evening in the countryside.
Did the same last year and it was lovely.

They don't like the notion that you won't be watching. I have far better things to do than watch that rabble.

It's a decent trophy to win. I just think there's a convergence going on between the Europa League and the Champions League....and that's taking place more because the CL is looking ropier by the season than the EL having more status. The two of those competitions have devalued in the last 4/5 seasons.

The whole Euro format needs shaking up. It's dying on its feet.

I remember the FA Cup final days of the 70s and 80s, and they were much more of a spectacle than this fixture is now. That is the absolute truth of the matter.

If I hear about it on the radio in the car I change station, If anything appears on TV I leave the room or change channel. Doing this I can put to the back of my mind this is going on. I have no intention of watching it

After the game I will do the same.
If any of my RS mates or work colleagues message me I am not reading but deleting the texts (they will only be texting if the result is not to my satisfaction)

Makes life a bit more palatable

It's a weird one, I clearly will be feeling a bit grim if they do win, but having seen them lose the league on 97 points I'm not nearly as arsed (so far)

Spurs literally bottle every big moment they get, the epitome of a nearly team. I’m not confident

Them losing tonight can’t be counted as a bottling though, they’re massive underdogs. Unless something happens like they’re 3-0 up and then throw it away. They’re coming up against a team that should beat them if things follow their natural course. No pressure is on them.

It's a weird one, I clearly will be feeling a bit grim if they do win, but having seen them lose the league on 97 points I'm not nearly as arsed (so far)

The PL title by a ratio of about 5:1 is the greater achievement. That;s not even up for debate. A fluke result here and there has got Lverpool and Spurs in the final. How can that be seen as of equal achievement to winning a title over 38 games? Never in a million years is it on the same level of accomplishment.

ridiculous that Spurs is this underrated for this match, they had a terrible season but when you have 90 minutes in front of you (which you didn't really deserve) to get the best trophy in Europe, you bet you will fight.

RS have a lot to lose whereas Spurs don't. Pressure is on them.
If I was rich I would bet big money for Spurs to upset

Fortunately I live in France so it's not too hard to avoid the UK media love-in with the RS. The game is on TV here tonight but I'll not be watching. If I hear about a Spurs win then I'll be tuning into UK media, otherwise I'll avoid it for a week at least.:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back